GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bulb question Buick -92

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lowlow37

lowlow37

Bulb question Buick -92 Empty
PostSubject: Bulb question Buick -92   Bulb question Buick -92 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:37 am

As i dont have my car at hand right now, i thought i ask you instead.. I bought a pair of new headlights for the roadmaster, complete with HID kit.. But when i opened the box i see that the inner reflectors dont have a lock mechanism for the bulb and just had a piece of tape over the mounting hole... What kind of bulbs is supposed to be used on the car original? On european cars that i am used to, the outer reflector is for lowbeam, and the inner is usually for highbeam and often use the same model bulbs.. For example, the V-70 Volvo use H1 55w lamps in both high, and in low beam reflectors.. Is this a euro solution?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Bulb question Buick -92   Bulb question Buick -92 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:02 pm

If they are US spec headlamps, those inner reflectors are for parking/turn signal lamps. The socket is built into the wiring harness and twists into the reflector base. The tape is there, usually, to keep dirt and such out of the assembly.

Assuming I"m understanding your question correctly anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lowlow37

lowlow37

PostSubject: Re: Bulb question Buick -92   Bulb question Buick -92 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Bulb question Buick -92 1505160_10151987046902758_1926790354_n

I think i am a little confusing when i ask the question.. Soory, but english is not my first language Embarassed 
The turnsignal have a bulb on this picture, the next socket is for the xenon bulb, but the third one, i dont really understand... Is it just for foglights, parking, or is it for high beam? And what model of lamp shall i use there? I would like to have a xenon lamp there too, for high beam.. I live waaay up north, this time of year we have about three hours of daylight, so good lights is really important..
Back to top Go down
Dr. Downward

Dr. Downward

PostSubject: Re: Bulb question Buick -92   Bulb question Buick -92 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Looking at the picture from LEFT to right. (Assuming this is a passenger light assembly)
First hole that is open all the way to the left is for the turn signal
The middle hole is for the high/low beam (single bulb)
And the hole off to the side on the right (in pic has bulb) is for the cornering lamp

If you look at you cars setup there is actually 4 bulbs per side
The main turn signal is an 1157 type bulb then the headlight then Another 1157 bulb for the cornering lamp and then a smaller bulb for the side mount turn signal.
Back to top Go down
lowlow37

lowlow37

PostSubject: Re: Bulb question Buick -92   Bulb question Buick -92 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Thanks. You are absolutley right here. I run a 5w parking light in the left socket, the xenon - 9004 bulb in the middle, a 21 watt orange turn signal at the right and a built-in led position at the far back of the turn signal housing. I am thinking about changing the left bulb for another xenon hi beam. The reflectors look the same, and it looks a little bit "much" with all the parking lights in this housing. (There is a led-row of lamps in the middle of the housing too) So right now , if I use the led, s I have built-in. There will be 3parking light sources. A bit over the top I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulb question Buick -92   Bulb question Buick -92 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulb question Buick -92
Page 1 of 1