GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Low coolant level sensor switch

Go down 
+6
JIMMYDPCC
cdcdguy
Mark 96 Roady
jayoldschool
sherlock9c1
GMjonn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GMjonn

GMjonn

Low coolant level sensor switch Empty
PostSubject: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Who makes the low coolant level sensor switch? Cant find it at autozone or advance auto parts.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:29 pm

It's built into the reservoir. What's wrong with yours?
Back to top Go down
GMjonn

GMjonn

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:47 pm

The low coolant light is on and the coolant isnt low
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Simply hit the reservoir, hard, a few times with a rubber mallet or the side of your fist. Do this with the car running. Go check the light, it will be out.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 10:58 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Simply hit the reservoir, hard, a few times with a rubber mallet or the side of your fist.  Do this with the car running.  Go check the light, it will be out.
He is correct. I had the same problem this past summer, and it worked. I laughed my ass off in my driveway when it worked.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
cdcdguy

cdcdguy

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
jayoldschool wrote:
Simply hit the reservoir, hard, a few times with a rubber mallet or the side of your fist.  Do this with the car running.  Go check the light, it will be out.
He is correct. I had the same problem this past summer, and it worked. I laughed my ass off in my driveway when it worked.  Laughing 

Yep. Just fixed mine that way!
Back to top Go down
JIMMYDPCC

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:16 pm

I Love that I found this forum!!  I just unplugged my sensor, gave my resevoir a few hits, and plugged it back in and BAMN, problem solved!!  After a whole Saturday replaceing the power Steering pump, i was sooo hopeing something else wasnt wrong!!!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Okay....... These are not Fords, so I'm wondering if there is a logical explanation for this fix.... I'm having this problem, but I do not own a rubber mallet (I don't own Fords, so don't need one!) and would prefer to fix this correctly..... In my case I recently replaced the metal-tank rad with a new plastic-tank rad, so I'm thinking the problem is a lack of grounding(?)... Maybe the mallet trick creates a ground where teflon tape was used (?).....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 8:41 pm

I had to unplug the one on the orange car,... so the wife would drive it,..
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:23 pm

The sensor is grounded through the black wire on the plug, so the radiator does not make any difference. The sensor are known to stick, and by jarring them, the parts move again. Since you can not find a new one, it is the only fix possible.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Unplugging it doesnt seem to work on mine (?)
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
mtennant

mtennant

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 4:30 pm

I tried and tried to unplug the wire going to my sensor and failed! After monkeying around with it like this, I started the car again and the warning light and chime don't come on now. Go figure. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
mtennant

mtennant

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 7:03 pm

The sensor started acting up again. I cleaned it up, removed and reconnected the wire, and banged it around a bit, as had been suggested as a fix. It is now functioning properly. Banging it more apparently fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor switch   Low coolant level sensor switch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Low coolant level sensor switch
Page 1 of 1