GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Empty
PostSubject: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:43 am

Hi everyone I am new to this forum after exploring it and liking it a lot more than buickforums.
I am a 28 y/o machinist from Texas and own several cars.
My wagon is a 92 Roadmaster with custom 2 tone paint, top half is flat black, bottom half is cream white with a orange pin stripe dividing the colors.
Mods so far are brand new Monroe shocks and brand new springs all the way around. Car was lowered with cut coils on front and skylark springs in the rear, now it is back to stop height and rides better than I could have hoped.
Wheels and tires, I have stock gm wheels painted red with moon eye hub caps and brand new white wall tires (pics coming soon).
So far It has only 98500 miles!!!!! only had to replace a starter and flush the tranny and change the filter, plugs wires, and goodyear gatorback belt.
All front end bushings/balljoints replaces and properly greased. And ice cold R12 A/C!
2 Imco (flowmaster knockoffs) mufflers waiting for true dual exhaust installation
New flowmaster Catalytic converter! ( works great)
The bad so far....
The passenger side blinker sticks when brake is pressed down.
The fuel line going into the tank leaks when you have a little more than a full tank. ( when you top off the tank it doesn't leak once its not over the tank)
Cranks on the second crank more than the first.
Leaky intake manifold gasket, (got one just haven't replaced yet)
it has the TBI 350 lol
Such a great car though I get compliments everywhere I go and see people sneaking pictures of it.
Anyway I look forward to posting a lot more on this forum. Thank you all!!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:29 am

Good to see another Texan on here! Hope you stay active and post some pics. If you are around Austin hope to see you at the local cruise-ins!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:37 am

Will do thanks Mike! Let me know if you have any wagon parts for sale.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:40 am

Where are you located? I can tell you the yards that likely have wagon and B-bodies.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:51 am

east texas, I stay in Tyler
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:10 am

Ah that works, plan some Dallas runs soon!    

http://www.picknpull.com/locations.aspx  - There are FOUR big Pick-N-Pulls in the DFW area.  All are good!

http://www.autosalvagedfw.com/  - Right near the Pick-N-Pull in Grand Praire, there are at least 10 salvage yards there on Jefferson.   The best ones are Awesome Auto Salvage and ABC, but you can get lucky at ANY of them there.

Dallas has THE BEST yards in the state (or the country, depending on who you ask!)

Have fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:21 am

That's very good to know I head up to Dallas atleast a few times a year thanks again buddy.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Welcome, but New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Ttiwwp
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:08 am

Welcome to the madness!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 pm

WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas   New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Forum 92 Roadie in Texas
Page 1 of 1