GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New shoes for the Custom Cruiser.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
87customcruiser

87customcruiser

New shoes for the Custom Cruiser. Empty
PostSubject: New shoes for the Custom Cruiser.   New shoes for the Custom Cruiser. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:13 am

I picked up a set of 225/75/15s for my wagon. Discount Tire had a black Friday weekend sale. So I got 4 Kumho Solus KR21s, 85000 mile tire for $250.00 for the set, with 6 months same as cash. I would like to go a little bigger but since that the original size I can live with them. They still show them on the website for a good deal if anyone needs some.
I am glad I replaced the radiator, and got the tires, so I can trust driving it on longer trips. I drove it to a Christmas party Saturday, about 75 miles round-trip, my son and I enjoyed taking it. The ride in these B-bodys is excellent.
I am going to enjoy the car a lot more in 15. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: New shoes for the Custom Cruiser.   New shoes for the Custom Cruiser. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Nice find, blackwall tires?
Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shoes for the Custom Cruiser.   New shoes for the Custom Cruiser. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 2:06 pm

That's a damn good price. The KR21 is a good tire.

Pete - they used to come as a whitewall. The ones listed on tire rack right now on that size aren't, though.
Back to top Go down
87customcruiser

87customcruiser

PostSubject: Re: New shoes for the Custom Cruiser.   New shoes for the Custom Cruiser. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Yes blackwalls, I have truck rally's and caps on the car so I wanted blackwalls anyway, if they were white lettered, I would have had to make a decision. lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: New shoes for the Custom Cruiser.   New shoes for the Custom Cruiser. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:08 pm

That's what I have been running but in a 235/70-15. They have worn a little faster than I expected tho. They are 11/32 to start, at 25k they are down to 6/32. I rotate, balance, and align on a regular basis. However, cannot complain about grip, expecially in the snow. I'm on 8" rally's, so I'm curious how yours wear as well.

I haven't really had any issues I can prove with the tires. Discount replaced two of my tires today prorated as I believe one was out of round. Their service was pretty good. They added my other two tires to the warranty plan, even though I didn't buy from them originally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New shoes for the Custom Cruiser.   New shoes for the Custom Cruiser. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New shoes for the Custom Cruiser.
Page 1 of 1