GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something About This Says Scam

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Something About This Says Scam Empty
PostSubject: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:13 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:21 am

Looks pretty good Justin .Just go check it out underneath first and then everything else has
to be decent.Dont see any rust but the pics could be hiding that.Nice car wonder how much
they will take for it?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:23 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Looks pretty good Justin .Just go check it out underneath first and then everything else has
to be decent.Dont see any rust but the pics could be hiding that.Nice car wonder how much
they will take for it?
Jim Gordon

Me too. But idk why but the ad seems fishy. The yahoo email address instead of using the CL one. Maybe i'm just over thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:44 am

Craigslist allows you to post your own email if you dont want to go thru them.Beats putting your phone number down for all these psychos out there and I am talking about you Ray.
Just Kidding
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 am

I can't see the ad from work. What I'll usually do is to choose a distinctive phrase from the ad and do a Google search of it. Lots of times, the same ad is placed in many cities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:47 am

Nick Danger wrote:
I can't see the ad from work. What I'll usually do is to choose a distinctive phrase from the ad and do a Google search of it. Lots of times, the same ad is placed in many cities.

Good idea. I put the email address listed into google and nothing came back. I'll try this too.

But, I emailed the guy. Who knows, maybe it'll just be a nice parts car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Justin how far away is the car from you?Still would like to know how much and how many
miles on car.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Justin how far away is the car from you?Still would like to know how much and how many
miles on car.
Jim Gordon

Idk, the ad just says "Hudson Valley" which is a big part of upstate NY. It could be anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Maybe He is on his 3rd transmission and is just sick and tired of it.

Or the motor is blown....

Or he can't get it inspected....

Or, or, or......
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Depending where it is it might not be too far from me, I emailed him as well. Looks just like my 1A2, but with comfortable seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:23 am

LOL Jim.

Yeah, my guess is he's just one of those people who won't put his phone number on the internet. After all, everybody knows that behind every screen name lies a serial killer.

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:21 am

Oatmeal killer here...... (lactose intolerant)
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:28 am

Emailed.. No reply. Not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Got an email back:

"The car needs engine, tires, brakes (which I have brand new in box...never got to put on). Water pump and thermostat replaced, but still overheats. No rust. Mileage between 60-70k. Located in Newburgh. Make offer"

Car is closer to you 95BRMW. Might be a good parts donor...
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:57 pm

And if is a New York car all it's life the underside is most likely rotted bad........ you can find an engine cheap.......
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:58 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
And if is a New York car all it's life the underside is most likely rotted bad........ you can find an engine cheap.......

Yeah. Thou if it really has "60-70k" it shouldnt be that bad. Then again, who knows.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

Yeah. Thou if it really has "60-70k" it shouldnt be that bad. Then again, who knows.

Then there is Lynol's 51k 94 Caprice that didn't look too bad until you looked underneath it. I emailed them back (got the same replay you did), definitely want to see this one in person.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:38 pm

95BRMW wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

Then there is Lynol's 51k 94 Caprice that didn't look too bad until you looked underneath it. I emailed them back (got the same replay you did), definitely want to see this one in person.

This IS true. I'm still amazed how rotted that car is for how few miles it has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Yes I agree that a NY car needs to be checked underneath thoroughly before even considering
it.I would still like to see how the underside of Scoobys new wagon looks.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:05 am

I finally looked at the ad. First off, by not posting a price, they are violating the Craigslist TOS. It's not an auction site. There is no picture of under the hood, which usually shows the rust on the fenders. I don't think it's a scam, but I don't think the guy is terribly honest.

If I sent someone an email asking the price, and he responded with "make an offer," I would either walk, or make a ridiculously low offer. I don't have a lot of tolerance for people who play games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Offer him 100 bucks after you inspect it and see if he changes his mind.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Emailed them back on saturday saying I wanted to see it with a phone #, havent't heard back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something About This Says Scam   Something About This Says Scam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something About This Says Scam
Page 1 of 1