GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how to take tailight out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

how to take tailight out Empty
PostSubject: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:37 pm

I have a blinker and upper taillight not working on my 86 caprice estate wagon. What tool do I use to take the taillight assembly off.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:01 pm

T-15 I think.... 4 screws maybe, should be the same as your 88. Check your FSM (factory service manual), I know you have one.
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Ahhh true will do thanks I need to get more tools and ill be all set.
Back to top Go down
68scott385

68scott385

PostSubject: Re: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:42 pm

My '88 uses/needs/takes a T-15 and unless GM changed hardware in mid-production I'd say yours would too. Two screws on the side and two more on the back.

There's cheap both in quality and in price:
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece-star-bit-screwdriver-set-94757.html

Then there's better quality with a lifetime guarantee;
http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-5-pc-screwdriver-set-torx/p-00941404000P?prdNo=3
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:26 pm

So I got the tool took the old reverse lights out put the new ones in and they don't work but when you shift from reverse to park or park to reverse they go on but no reverse lights in reverse hmm weird any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Shift cable or its linkage is loose.    My 91 Olds hAs the centershift console mod.   I have the same issue.   If manually turn and hold the shift collar on the column toward park they go on (both the floor shifter and column Are still hooked up).   Been too lazy to get under there and tighten it up
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:21 pm

The neutral safety switch is a bit off. It's a white (I think) crescent shaped plastic bit screwed/bolted to your steering column just above your pedals. I think you just need to loosen it up a little, and slide it one way or the other, just a tiny bit.

Mike
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks mike will do probably Monday it doesn't sound to too hard Wink so Im going to try it I will let you know how it goes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to take tailight out   how to take tailight out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to take tailight out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Boxies and Related Issues-
Jump to: