GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wreck help!

Go down 
+2
Olds Weighty Eight
Don in MO
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Don in MO

Don in MO

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Hello

Daughter wrecked the '96 woody wonder wagon. Still waiting to see if the insurance company will total it. While I am waiting, I thought I would get some parts, as we will fix it no matter what the insurance decides.

Using the Nally GM link, I have been able to find the replacement parts, but can't figure out the right parts listed. Two grills listed, one sedan, one wagon I am assuming. Same with headlamp, left and right listed, then one other right listed. Totally confused???

How do I tell which is the part for my wagon?

[img]Wreck help! 527C5A3D-E894-430B-8D58-5ABDE0526C91_zpslnioublt[/img]

Thanks!!
Don in MO
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:50 pm

The entire front clip is different between the wagon and sedan.

Wreck help! 1992_buick_roadmaster_4_dr_limited_sedan-pic-41067277340343687
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Don in MO

Don in MO

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:09 pm

I got the differences between the wagon and sedan. How do I tell in GM's site when they list parts?

MODEL B35 ONLY.; MODEL B35 SHOWN; SEE 2.000 GROUP FOR MODEL BN69 AND DETAILED ILLUSTRATED VIEWS OF BOTH.; MODEL B69 ONLY.; T87 - LAMP,CORNERING;
LMP: LAMP,CORNERING COR LP(T87); LAMP,CORNERING(USED WITH CAPRICE CLASSIC Z09) COR LP(T87)
OTHER: MODEL B35 ONLY.; MODEL B35 SHOWN; SEE 2.000 GROUP FOR MODEL BN69 AND DETAILED ILLUSTRATED VIEWS OF BOTH.; MODEL B69 ONLY.

See what I mean? And when I check fitment for the 96 roadmaster estate wagon, it says it fits. Only when I copy and paste a part number into amazon, it says it does not fit. Very confusing!
Back to top Go down

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:14 pm

If the headlight says "Used with Caprice Classic," it will fit your wagon.

Time to hit the junkyard, my friend. Easy fix there.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:20 pm

You will need wagon specific parts for the grille and headlight. The sedan is different. It doesn't look like that bad of a fix. I would hit the junkyards, with a little effort you could get the parts you need. Or get a hold of the parts guy "Fred Kiehl". He either has or can get everything you need.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks for the referral. I have the headlight assembly, but not the grille. The headlight assembly with the bracket, headlight capsule, and two bulb marker is $90 shipped.

It looks like the fender was tweaked. You will have to remove it to reshape the flanges at the core support. It is not hard to remove, and a little hammer and dolly work should fix it. It is also possible that the end of the core support needs a similar treatment, and that can be done on the car if my guess is correct. You can get a body set from Harbor Freight relatively cheaply. You are not going to be bending any visible surfaces, so paint should not be an issue. It is a mirror image of the driver's side. The fender must be realigned before installing the headlight assembly, because the headlight assembly bolt to the fender at the top and rear of the bracket. If it is not aligned, the bracket will be stressed, and possibly break. This could be a good learning experience for your daughter, if you have her help you. The fender is easy to remove, and I have written the instructions on the forum or on impalassforum.com at least once. There should be about 32 bolts and screws to remove it. You have to disconnect the antenna wires, but the antenna stays with the fender.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:07 pm

If you want to get new parts just lookup parts for a Caprice, those will be the right ones. The grille can be gotten new from gmpartsgiant for under $150
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Don in MO wrote:
I got the differences between the wagon and sedan. How do I tell in GM's site when they list parts?

MODEL B35 ONLY.; MODEL B35 SHOWN; SEE 2.000 GROUP FOR MODEL BN69 AND DETAILED ILLUSTRATED VIEWS OF BOTH.; MODEL B69 ONLY.; T87 - LAMP,CORNERING;
LMP: LAMP,CORNERING COR LP(T87); LAMP,CORNERING(USED WITH CAPRICE CLASSIC Z09) COR LP(T87)
OTHER: MODEL B35 ONLY.; MODEL B35 SHOWN; SEE 2.000 GROUP FOR MODEL BN69 AND DETAILED ILLUSTRATED VIEWS OF BOTH.; MODEL B69 ONLY.

See what I mean? And when I check fitment for the 96 roadmaster estate wagon, it says it fits. Only when I copy and paste a part number into amazon, it says it does not fit. Very confusing!

All wagons are model B35.

Roadmaster sedans are model B69.

And since someone is going to ask:

Caprice sedans are model B19.

Fleetwoods are model D69.

That being said, there isn't much sense in trying to locate body parts for these cars through GM, short of padding an insurance quote.

Many parts are no longer stocked and since the restructuring, prices have risen dramatically on those that are.

The aftermarket does service some of the lighting components & grille pieces, check RockAuto or eBay for availability.

For everything else, at least on anything other than a show, car your best bet is to buy decent used parts rather than try to locate new OEM.

- J

Back to top Go down
Don in MO

Don in MO

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you JaySS!!

Fred, will PM you about the headlamp assembly.

The reason for looking up the GM parts was to find the parts elsewhere, not from GM.

I was amazed at the prices and availability of parts on Amazon! Got my front door electronic lock from Amazon. Not installed yet, but will get there eventually.

Already got the grill from another Longroof member.

Thank you for all the replies!

Don

Back to top Go down
Don in MO

Don in MO

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Fred,

Got the headlamp assembly and installed!

Thank you!!!

Don
Back to top Go down
Don in MO

Don in MO

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Done!   Wreck help! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks to a buddy at work, got the fender fairly straightened out, grill on and hood straight to match fender.

Thanks for all the help and parts!

Wreck help! <a href=Wreck help! Th_9A51C027-5E76-4DD2-A69A-244871DAF803_zpst00enhyt" />

Don
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wreck help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wreck help!   Wreck help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wreck help!
Page 1 of 1