GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question   Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Are they the same as the rest of the B cars? I was given a pair to replace my rotted ones for $20 but just want to make sure they fit before I tear out my old ones.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question   Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 4:55 am

The sedan wheelhouses are slightly different. They have a flatter opening around the wheel, where the wagon is, for the most part, circular. They may be able to be massaged to fit if the overall length around the opening is the same, and the bolt holes are the same. 91-93 wheelhouses are different from the 94-96 parts. The mounting holes are different for the accessories, and the large lower hole behind the rear of the tire is at a different location. I have not tried to use an RMS wheelhouse in a wagon, so I can not say they will just bolt in. They look like they can be made to fit with the only difference being the shape of the wheel opening. For $20, I would try reshaping the wheel opening by comparing it with the wagon shape. The metal is fairly easy to bend by hand, or with a hammer and dolly.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question   Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:12 am

Hammer

Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question Mc_hammer_reality_show

Dolly

Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question Dolly_Parton_The_River_Unbroken_1987_Single_Cover
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question   Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster Sedan Wheelhouse question
Page 1 of 1