GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...

Go down 
+5
lakeffect
DBeaSSt
81X11
silverfox103
RoadMonster FIN
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RoadMonster FIN

RoadMonster FIN

New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Empty
PostSubject: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 2:42 am

Hi guys and gals!

I have had my 1994 Buick Roadmaster Wagon since 2009. The RMW is Dark Cherry Metallic with wood delete.
The car is originally from florida, somewhere from the sunny beach area, and it had no rust when i got it.
It went to a shop for rust protection and the guy said that it was like watching a new cars frame and all.
Now, fiwe winters later it's got some rust on it. Mostly because some idiot drove his motorhome to my RMW's left rear quarter. Evil or Very Mad  RMW went to a "good" Rolling Eyes  painter shop for straighten the quarter and paint. It now seems that they used more filler than tools for straighten the lower part of the quarter. The gravel that is used on street crossings in the winter is main reason for the filler is loosen. Rear wheels gravel blasts everything behind them. I have to revise those areas this summer or atutumn. The whole car needs a repaint, but as they say "no money, no honey"  Sad  The RMW is both my driver and my musclecar, though i have a -74 Pontiac Firebird as a summer car. But the FB is an other story and reason i'm a member of the Trans Am Contry forum too. In the winter there are the snow scooters too... And the house... And Kids... No wonder i'm out of money all the time... bounce 
Well i'm going to have something at least for the RMW. A set of AirLift bags for rear and new Gabriel shocks for both rear and front. I know that the Bilsteins are "the best" there is, but they cost $700,- to 800,- here and the Gabriels only cost 300,-. So the choise is obvious! I'm sure they are a lot better than the +100k ones that are there now. RMW was driven 70k when i bought it, and i dont think that anyone has changed the shocks before.
As wheels my RMW has originals with the winter tires, and 17" American Racing Hopsters with the summer tires. Summer tires are 235/50/17 Kumhos and winter tires are 235/75/15 Hankooks with studs.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:31 am

Glad you made it over here! There are quite a few Europeans on the forum. I know there is atleast one other Finn. Lot of good guys on the forum and knowledge, it comes with fixing these things, as you know.

Figure out the picture thing, we'd like to see your wagon. Actually, someplace on the forum there are directions how to do that. Someone will chime in, probably Robert as I think he wrote it.

My oldest daughter was an exchange student in Turku for her senior year in high school, about 15 years ago.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Welcome, and that color is one of my favorites on these cars. Hope you are active on here and can post some pics when you can.

Glad to have you!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Welcome to the group,wow thats a rare color and a beautiful one as well.There are some northern members who are very knowledgable about handling the rust issues who will gladly help,just ask away.
Back to top Go down
RoadMonster FIN

RoadMonster FIN

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 1:26 am

Hi and Thank You all!  Very Happy 
I wish i could send you lots of pics of my RMW, but i just don't have them much.
It's because i never have a camera with me and if i have i forget to use it...  Embarassed 
Or i take pics about everything else but my own cars.
About activity, our clock is 7 - 10 hours before you or 13 - 10 hours after depends on how you count.
Anyhow we have late eve or nite, when you are on line.
I am not on line at home, only at my work if i have time. At home i have many things to do but be on line. But i try to be as active as i can.  clown We had a business holiday yesterday, Ascension day in english if i know correct, so i was at home. = Not in line. At Weekends i have also other things to do, but be on line. I am building a 18 x 24 feet tool/wood shed for all the planks, boards and other stuff that are conquering ½ of my 24 x 52 feet garage. Then i finally have a place in my garage where i can work with my FB and RMW. Have a very nice weekend all!  Cool 
Back to top Go down
RoadMonster FIN

RoadMonster FIN

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:03 am

Tried to upload some pics i took with my cellphone this morning.
Let's see how it works...  santa
New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  <a href=New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  RMW94backright800_zpse483362b" />
New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  <a href=New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  RMW94frontleft800_zps42977f1c" />
New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  <a href=New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  RMW94backleft800_zps5c1d2c01" />
New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  <a href=New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  RMW94frontright800_zps7c540c39" />
New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  <a href=New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  RMW94right800_zps28778c9f" />
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 6:42 am

Welcome aboard. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 6:55 am

It has to be a shock for local people to see such as huge car like our wagons. I'd venture to say there is not many of them inFin;and, so it will be a unique ride for you.

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget to put yourself on our map that is found in the member's only section.

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Welcome,thats a beautiful wagon you have!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 am

She looks good,welcome.
Back to top Go down
RoadMonster FIN

RoadMonster FIN

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:47 am

Thank you all for wellcoming me here! Very Happy 
I got the AirLift bags and new shocks yesterday, who knows when do i have time to install them... No 
I think that you can count these wagons in Finland, with your fingers and toes!
At least RMW's are rare, but there is not much Chevy wagons either.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:09 am

Beautiful wagon! Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
94 Roady

94 Roady

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Nice looking Wagon.  Brings back memories of my DCM wood delete.  Mine had red leather interior, what is yours.  Some Finish blood here, My grandmother was born near Pello, I think.
Back to top Go down
RoadMonster FIN

RoadMonster FIN

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:01 am

Hi, mine is tan or beige, not sure what you call it. Leather it is and not in its best shape 'cause the RMW has been my daily driver since 09 when i bought it. Wish to have time and money to put it on a better shape.
Near Pello, your grandmother was a Laplander then or at least born in lapland.
Lapland is the "Skandinavian Alaska" the north parts of Finland, Sweden, Norway and those parts of Russia, that used to be parts of Finland. Before WWII.
Your car is nice too, green is it? What wheels do you have?
Back to top Go down
94 Roady

94 Roady

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 11:45 pm

Thanks, Yes its a Jadestone (green) with kind of a putty leather interior. I got it from Fred in New York in 2007. He took the wood off, put on '95 mirrors and repainted the sides. The rims are Impala SS rims, got them from Fred too.

Grandma was born up there but not a true Laplander. Wish I new some Fin language but, I never learned any.

Good luck with your car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...    New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New here and a Wagon guy from Finland...
Page 1 of 1