GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So, I got a phone call....

Go down 
+4
Amish
buickestate
Sprocket
DBeaSSt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

So, I got a phone call.... Empty
PostSubject: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm

.... from one of our members here. After we hung up, my phone beeped and this picture came through.

So, I got a phone call.... Media1

Knowing this particular person, I'm sure more pictures will follow.... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:02 pm

pair of chevys and he'll be tied up with me, lol.

can't wait to hear the story and see more pics. can't tell which year she is from this angle but see the little dent in the bumper cover
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 pm

did he come to his sense and scrap the honda!

His 'n hers OCC's!
Back to top Go down
Amish

Amish

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:12 pm

So the fleet continues to grow. You're trying to preserve cars and I'm working on getting my first one to completely destroy (don't worry guys, it'll be a compact). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:19 pm

HA!

Ex-Mortician wagon with a couple famous hauls around town. Granddaughter was given the wagon a few years ago and hesitated when I asked why he bought the wagon (new) She was a little relieved when I said how cool that was! Got all kinds of stories then. Lol!

Original engine too....look at the miles!! Shocked

So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9240
So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9250
So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9300
So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9303
So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9293
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:21 pm

So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9248
So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9252
So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9276
So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9283
So, I got a phone call.... IMG_9285
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:39 pm

buickestate wrote:
did he come to his sense and scrap the honda!

His 'n hers OCC's!

Pat...Cara has this to say (handing her the Laptop)

"I wouldn't drive that heap around if you paid me cash money (no offense Mike)...after sitting in my locked Honda with the window cracked in the ghetto watching my husband scrape/wipe the "for sale" paint off the windows while multiple underage gang members eyed the wagon warily, I'm good...then the magic officially began once I saw that big, beautiful rump pull out of the parking lot...belching purple smoke in big enough puffs to cause my Honda to require recirculated only air flow...even with nearly 130k miles on the Honda, its blue book value is more than all your projects combined...LOL! That Honda will be around FOREVER....waaaahhhaaa!

I drove Chris' wagon around for 3 days while he took my Honda out of town (due to the KILLER gas mileage and $ savings!)...I begged him to never leave me with the OCC again...that thing is scary!"

Ok...keep in mind it took her several minutes to write that (she was laughing very hard!) lol! Suspect You know she loves you.

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Nice score! Smile I don't know that I could drive around in a haunted car though...

That is just BEGGING for a TBI big block swap! Wink

So... uh... not enough projects already? Razz
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:02 am

Well, Chris says the key won't open the rear quarter storage compartment so we're not sure what may be hiding in there. Bill, need another body bag? Wink I mentioned to Chris this car would be perfect for an LSx swap, LOL.

Okay so I bought this car for parts. I was hoping I could drive it up here and just steal pieces as needed. But based on what Chris has said about the engine (Cara isn't exaggerating) that's not gonna happen. So there will likely be a pilgrimage to SC for me in the near future and a parting-out party!

Now, this is obviously a no rust southern car with only minor body issues. So, before we break out the sawzalls, I would like to see if anyone is interested in this as a project car.

Here's the good:
  • Rust free southern car
  • Mostly straight body (see below)
  • Good interior (see below for the few not-so-goods)
  • Floor carpeting replaced and in good shape but could use some tweaking to get the wrinkles out
  • All Cruiser goodies intact except one tail light and grille emblem
  • Rust free southern car!

and the bad:
  • 370K mile LO3 with an oil leak and burns oil, noticeable loss of power as the engine warms up
  • Possible slipping trans, not sure car not driven too far, could be the engine, who knows
  • Light rear damage, bumper pushed in but likely salvageable, tailgate dented but fixable, left tail light cracked, left quarter tweaked a little, probably fixable
  • Clear coat peeling, not original paint
  • Drivers door panel cracked in a couple places but not destroyed
  • Heater not putting out much heat, probably just needs a flush (call Crovo for help)
  • A/C inop, bad compressor
  • May be other issues that we don't know about, radio, etc. AS-IS WHERE-IS

If you're interested, PM me. But be warned, there will be a fairly tight time frame in which we have to negotiate a price and the buyer to pickup the car. Chris's In-laws have been kind enough to allow him to store it at their place and I don't want to wear out that welcome!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:56 am

How far is it Mike? The oil leak could be a simple thing and mebby a couple cans or bottles of liquid bandaid would be alls you need to get it close enough for AAA to push you the rest of the way?

Pretty much what I'm suggesting is that you have Chris work on it for a couple weekends and get it road worthy for you.

I'm here to help.

Your pal,
John
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:34 pm

John, let's just say it's a shorter drive from my house to Fred's than to Chris's.

While a can (or three) of Engine Restore might make the trip, I'm not really interested in a 7+ hour drive wondering if the engine will die at the precise moment I lose cell signal in the NC or VA mountains. Wink

Though Chris does have an extra LT1 sitting over there. I hear that's a simple swap. Razz
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Chris you can tell charming Cara that any honda civic of comparable age to our wagons are worth about the third of what our wagons are, once you pull the stereo out of em....
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:26 pm

buickestate wrote:
Chris you can tell charming Cara that any honda civic of comparable age to our wagons are worth about the third of what our wagons are, once you pull the stereo out of em....

LOL! And take the fart can off the exhaust too Wink I'm with you, no worries.

Bewber....I told Mike that Fred could likely get in this wagon AS IS and drive it anywhere. Well...until the motor locked up. I don't think 4 cans of Restore would help this thing. No
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Wussies. EYE'd drive it. Very Happy

Dude... It's a GM small block that ain't knocking. It'll make the trip. May be longer than 7 hours through the mountains, but I'd put money on it making it home. Smile
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:34 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Wussies. EYE'd drive it. Very Happy

Dude... It's a GM small block that ain't knocking. It'll make the trip. May be longer than 7 hours through the mountains, but I'd put money on it making it home. Smile

Bill, you want to drive it seven hours from SC to my place? Go ahead, I'll even pitch in for your costs. Unless it has to be towed that is. geek Unless, of course, you want FATWAGN II Wink
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:10 pm

cut the catalytic converter off it,. it'll likely have plenty of power, after you stretch the fuel pressure spring,.and dial in a wee bit more timing,.
I need the frame and running gear, (no motor or trans)
Nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:29 pm

No TBI for Nick??? C'mon you know you secretly want an underpowered wagon with a funny looking hood ornament
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:14 am

If I don't get any interest in the whole car it will be stripped clean for parts. Once that happens, anything Chris and I aren't keeping will be posted for sale. Keep an eye on the 'Parts' section!

Sorry Nick, the rolling chassis is spoken for. Besides, a TBI frame would just slow an LT1 car down right? cherry
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks Mike, but I'll pass. I'd love it, but I already have too many irons on the fire as it is. Wink
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:51 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:

Sorry Nick, the rolling chassis is spoken for. Besides, a TBI frame would just slow an LT1 car down right? cherry
spoken for already?? why post it then?
It'd go underneath the palamino,. witha different power train,.neither lt1 or tbi,.

nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I got a phone call....   So, I got a phone call.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, I got a phone call....
Page 1 of 1