GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tinted Tails with Grey trim

Go down 
+2
phantom 309
rh96ss
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rh96ss

Tinted Tails with Grey trim Empty
PostSubject: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Have a show coming up so I installed my "show" tails finally. I had lilron paint the black trim grey and tint the red lens black. I put chrome tape in the buckets and installed 3496 bulbs.
This install lead me to fix a problem with a bulb installed incorrectly and some flashers/brake lights that weren't working properly, or at least not with the new bulbs.
The first pics compares stock passenger side to the tinted/3496 driver side with the lights on. You can see the improperly installed bulb on the passenger side.

Tinted Tails with Grey trim 100_1569

Both tinted tails installed, lights off, sun behind the house.

Tinted Tails with Grey trim 100_1574
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Man that is one of the best looking tailight mods that I have ever seen.Those 2 changes really compliment each other.I am going to try to paint my trim like yours very soon.Dont think VA will let me get away with the tinted lenses for too long.Again awesome mods and some more pics would be nice.
Thanks
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:03 pm

passenger side looks better,. any shots of the t84's?
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:28 pm

You like the flip flopping bright lights between lights on and brakes on Nick?
There is a reason why I didn't take a picture of the front Nick! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:42 pm

I diggit! Thanks for the pix.
Back to top Go down
ArlingtonSS

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:47 am

I really like the new look.....great mod to an already awesome wagon!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:12 am

Looks good...they look more even/modern. Nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:39 pm

*adds to future mod list*
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 pm

looks good. look forward to seeing them and my 'new' tailgate panel next week. Smile

So I heard you had a little issue with the flashers..... Cool
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:45 am

O Sprocket, I already admitted to my problem, yet Larry did not solve it either. Still have the part you have been waiting fir.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:37 am

rh96ss wrote:
O Sprocket, I already admitted to my problem, yet Larry did not solve it either. Still have the part you have been waiting fir.

I did see you admitted but of course the story is always more interesting when Larry tells it, lol.
Thanks again. I'm sure your tired of it being in your attic by now

What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:00 am

I bet it would look even cleaner if the part above the license plate with the rear window lock was body color too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tails with Grey trim   Tinted Tails with Grey trim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tinted Tails with Grey trim
Page 1 of 1