GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Part #'s needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomhauers_93Wagon

Part #'s needed Empty
PostSubject: Part #'s needed   Part #'s needed Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:27 pm

I need some info, I'm looking to have that raked stance to my 96' RMW...

I know its another endless thread about this but its quite mind boggling and all these part numbers...

But like I said looking for a raked stance, what's the best options? I have an commercial account with my local pep boys so I'd probably order from there...

For $hits and giggles post up some pics of your raked wagon too...

Thanks in advanced!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Part #'s needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part #'s needed   Part #'s needed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 pm

If you change just the front springs to drop springs you will get the raked look. I put 2 inch drop springs in front and back and then 2 inch drop spindles on it and got a nice rake. You might not like the ride height, but you could put drop spindles on the front and get the same rake, just higher off of the ground. The Impala springs would give you a halfway point for the ride height. You have to remove 0.030" of shims from each upper arm stack for every 1/2 inch of drop to correct for negative camber. If you use just the drop spindles, your adjustment for the camber should near "0".
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

Part #'s needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part #'s needed   Part #'s needed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 2:04 am

I've almost got everything figure out after a hell of alot searching but now I'm trying to figure out now for the rear if I should get CC625's or the CC623's?

Anyone shed some more light on this please?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Part #'s needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part #'s needed   Part #'s needed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:49 am

This is two inch dropped spindles. (From 20 years ago)

Part #'s needed Stationwagon_house_resize
Back to top Go down

Part #'s needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part #'s needed   Part #'s needed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 10:29 am

lakeffect wrote:
This is two inch dropped spindles.  (From 20 years ago)

Part #'s needed Stationwagon_house_resize

Wagon looks awesome without those sidepipes!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Part #'s needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part #'s needed   Part #'s needed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Boomhauers_93Wagon wrote:
I've almost got everything figure out after a hell of alot searching but now I'm trying to figure out now for the rear if I should get CC625's or the CC623's?

Anyone shed some more light on this please?

it depends how you want to achieve your rake. The CC623 will raise the rear slightly. The CC625 won't, and will require a shorter spring in the front to give the visual effect you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Part #'s needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part #'s needed   Part #'s needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Part #'s needed
Page 1 of 1