GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello everyone!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Danr63

Danr63

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Hello my name is Dan and I own (2) 96 Buick road master wagons. The first one is a dark cherry wood grain delete. We bought it new and it is now almost kissing 300,000 miles! My son now drives it for school and work. My daughter drove it for 2 years and then bought her own (talk about that one in a minute) My wife was the primary driver for over 10 years but @ 160K she needed something she could drive downtown Chicago and find parking! I drove it from 160 to 200K then I turned it over to the kid's. The car does need some things but over all still runs real good for a car of it's age and mileage. The second wagon is also a 96 and my daughter and I own that one together. That car was saved from the "cash for clunkers" program that was to rid the world of all those nasty gas guzzling monsters and stimulate the economy (yea right). Anyway that one is a fully loaded wagon and has everything "except" the trailer tow package. Very nice car (160K when bought) that needed a little love and now she has been enjoying it at school for the last three years. Nice to be here looking forward to talking to you folks Take care Dan
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Welcome to the group Dan,sounds like you and your family have the love for these wagons.Our leaders great idea was "Cash for Clunkers"and it too failed miserably just like all his other scams,thanks for saving the other 96.That dark chery wood delete wagon is a very rare color.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Welcome to the group Dan,sounds like you and your family have the love for these wagons.Our leaders great idea was "Cash for Clunkers"and it too failed miserably just like all his other scams,thanks for saving the other 96.That dark chery wood delete wagon is a very rare color.

We are trying hard to hold on to this one. Old man rust is killing this one pretty bad. (My daughter drives the other in New Mexico so the rust has slowed WAAYY down) But it still rides and drives pretty good.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Welcome to Longroof! Sounds like a nice story behind your wagons. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Welcome to the forum!!! I took my first breath in Evanston and spent some time in Morton Grove. I still have family down on Michigan Ave.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Superior Finish wrote:
Welcome to the forum!!! I took my first breath in Evanston and spent some time in Morton Grove. I still have family down on Michigan Ave.

Grew up on the north side of Chicago ( Addison & Long).
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Welcome aboard! These cars when cared for just run and run and run and....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:06 am

Hope you can post some pics soon,

Welcome!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:56 pm

81X11 wrote:
Hope you can post some pics soon,

Welcome!

-Mike

I will soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone!
Page 1 of 1