GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red Stripes

Go down 
+4
brokecello
200OZ
toomanytoyz
rh96ss
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rh96ss

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:38 pm

I love the MGM color of my Wagon but it doesn't catch one's eyes so easily being a big boring grey billboard. I am playing with a few ideas.

Right now the car has twin 1/16 charcoal stripes on the driver's side and twin 1/16 red stripes on the passenger side. Trying to decide which ones I like better.

I am trying to play the red off the charcoal. I have red Chevrolet emblem on the gate, red SS emblems on the fenders and a red bowtie on the grill. The wheel centers are charcoal. I have a red and charcoal Ram Air decal on the hood. It will have red calipers soon.

I think the grey stripes are lost from 20 feet. I think the red catches your eye from 20 feet. Maybe my solution is a 1/8 red stripe over a 1/16 charcoal stripe down the body line. Comments?

I polished my lip and threw a 1/4 inch red stripe on the grey border of the wheel. Best I could do to try and put it all in one shot. How does it look?

Red Stripes 100_1588

Who knows if it will stay on while driving it.

Last edited by rh96ss on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:49 pm

That is a beautiful wagon and gorgoeus paint looks euro in the garage lite.The thick stripe on the rim really jumps out at my old eyes more than the 2 1/16 stripes do.What about a matching 1/4 " stripe down the side to match the rim?Great now I want to restripe my wagon.
Thanks!I knew I should have ignored this tag!
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 pm

That really looks great! I like the red stripes a lot. Subtle, but really pop, too! Nice work!

And the red stripe on the rim makes me think of the old "red line" tires. Too cool.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:08 pm

That MGM is my favorite color, and red pinstripe looks nice on the body, the wheels may be a bit much for my tastes especially with red calipers. And I vote for red and charcoal pinstripe.
Either way that car is sweet. Do what makes you happy.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:26 pm

Yes, the red stripe looks sweet!!...that is a beautiful wagon.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
rh96ss

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Killing Time so messed around some more.

Charcoal Stripes
Red Stripes 100_1592

Pull the top Charcoal and throw on the red. 1/4 Red Stripe over 1/16 Charcoal Stripe
Red Stripes 100_1591

With the Red on the Wheel
Red Stripes 100_1593

I think the 1/4 is too big on the fender. 1/8 or 3/32 may be the way to go on the fender.
Back to top Go down

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Yeah, 1/8 on the fender and you're good.

I love the wheel stripe. Looks classy.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:29 pm

I like the dual thin red stripes. I don't think the charcoal is noticable at all.
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm

im all for the dual red!
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
phantom 309

phantom 309

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 pm

2.5" wide from hood, to lightning bolt zig zag on the front doors,carry on to the d pillar,,. then up over the roof,..,.

Nick

two tone the car burgundy on the top half,.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:16 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
2.5" wide from hood, to lightning bolt zig zag on the front doors,carry on to the d pillar,,. then up over the roof,..,.

Nick

two tone the car burgundy on the top half,.

I think i have seen that before.....

Red Stripes 0905rc_02_z+zz_top_eliminator+
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Nice wagon,don't ruin a very clean look with everything from isle 3 at autozone.

seriously those wheels,super clean paint, ram air hood with the existing emblems and calipers are all you need.

Like Nick has said,go big (2 tone) or stay home if you have lost that lovin feeling.

To answer the wheel stripe question. This SS had thhe vette pace car stripe. there is still a piece showing where the old wheel weight was,and I am afraid to break the clear it is on that good. It should stay on yours no problem but I prefer the wheels without.

Red Stripes LORNE623

I think I said this once already,but how ironic that we both did the red SS on the front fender. Just two different height locations.

Red Stripes Lorne054

Falken tires as well,but I am swapping to BF this summer.

Lorne
Back to top Go down

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm going to two-tone my wagon over the summer, money permitting. It's going to be sweeeeet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Lorne, I laughed at the aisle 3 comment. I actually got it from aisle 7....... Razz
You do not have the door spears on your car, mine does. I put the red SS emblems in line with the spears. Your emblems look good on your car as it has no spears.

The paint is in good shape, but from twenty feet you just look right pass the car and on to the next. Nothing catches the eye. That is why I am playing with these ideas. Until I have the red calipers (front and back, parts on hand), it is all a game.

Picked up some cheap red 1/8 tape to see what it looks like.
Red Stripes 100_1596

Red Stripes 100_1597

Pay no attention to the lack of a turning light in the side marker, the harness is in the cabinet, another item on the "Things to do List".

Edit - Some shots from about 10 feet away.

Red Stripes 100_1600
Passenger side with the twin 1/16 red stripes.

Red Stripes 100_1599
Fender has the 1/8 Red-1/16 Charcoal. Remainder of the driver's side has twin 1/16 Charcoal. Notice how it disappears with the charcoal.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Here is my tax deductible $0.02

there is JUST enough red to tie things together. Ram air decal, Chebby logo on the grill, "SS" on the fender, red on the wheel (which I LOVE, by the way) and the 2 1/16" stripes down the side. Not overdone and tacky, just subtle enough for the eye to register.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Stripes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Stripes   Red Stripes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Stripes
Page 1 of 1