GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rear wiper issue.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

rear wiper issue. Empty
PostSubject: rear wiper issue.   rear wiper issue. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 7:25 am

when I bought my car the rear wiper worked fine. after a week or two the wiper arm ended up on the other side of the "stop" I didn't notice, and it wouldn't go when I hit the switch. now if you turn on the switch it will just vibrate, but if you push it a little it will wipe one stroke and vibrate again.
if I remove the arm so there is no resistance, the shaft will rotate just fine.
so is there a little clutch that is buggered up or am I looking at buying a new wiper motor assembly?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

rear wiper issue. Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wiper issue.   rear wiper issue. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 am

Probably the mechanism is toast. There are no parts for repair, so you will probably have to get a mechanism. There are no new ones. I have an extra used one for sale at $45 if you need one.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

rear wiper issue. Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wiper issue.   rear wiper issue. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 8:32 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Probably the mechanism is toast. There are no parts for repair, so you will probably have to get a mechanism. There are no new ones. I have an extra used one for sale at $45 if you need one.

rock auto lists a rebuilt one.

I really just need to buy a parts vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rear wiper issue. Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wiper issue.   rear wiper issue. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rear wiper issue.
Page 1 of 1