GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caddy CTS-V Wagon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Caddy CTS-V Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Caddy CTS-V Wagon   Caddy CTS-V Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Just saw the wagon on FOX news coverage of the latest auto show.I have always felt that our B body wagons are the best looking by far of anything that GM has ever built.I know that some of the earlier wagons were nice looking but they are just station wagons.I was stunned the first time I saw a 91 B body wagon by its flowing lines and the fact that it is beautiful compared to its sedan counterparts.
The CTS-V wagon is a much better looking car than the V sedan and if I could afford the 70 grand asking price it would be my last new car purchase.
Anybody else thought about that engine transmission combo in a B body?550 horsepower,torgue by the boatload and that awesome 6 spd automatic makes my D--- H----- as playboy mags ahen I was a youngster!
Common On wagon fans let me hear what you think bout the CTS-V wagon
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Caddy CTS-V Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy CTS-V Wagon   Caddy CTS-V Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:01 pm

Almost bought a CTS Wagon (non-V) last summer. Simply GORGEOUS car! No where near the hauling capacity of our beloved B wagons of course though.

CTS Wagon in V form is just amazing! I'd get myself in WAY too much trouble though. Wink

My .02, YMMV and so on and so forth.

PS: Stop teasing me. Well at least you didn't post pictures too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

Caddy CTS-V Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Caddy CTS-V Wagon   Caddy CTS-V Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:34 pm

I cant agree with you more Mike,the CTS-V will probably go the way of the SRT-8 Magnum .Neither of these wagons has anywhere near the capacity of our cars.I know that wagons are making a slow comeback in the US but they still carry a stigma similiar to minivans that is totally undeserved.I have had some very fast cars and bikes in the past but that V wagon is in a whole different world.
Maybe I can get lucky and find one destined for the crusher and swipe the drivetrain and electronics.That would be a BAD FAST B body wagon.I once had a Magnum parked right next to my wagon and I was surprised at how small it was.With the exception of being quite a bit taller than the B bodies it is nowhere near as sharp looking.
Mike we need a Wagonfest down here in Virginia maybe up off the Blue Ridge except most of these wagons dont do so good in the mountains.I use to cosponsor a CBX rally in Montabello Va and that is a beautiful place if you like camping.We had some guys show up from Fla and it was hilarious.They all had tricked out bikes and full leathers so we thought they could ride.Once we got out on the Blue Ridge they disappeared behind us.We road a while then stopped and waited for them to catch up and it turns out that they have no mountains with curves that go up,down and back up again.They did the right thing and road within their abilities but it was still hilarious.They caught hell for the rest of the weekend.OK now I say again we need a VA wagonfest.
Flasheroo
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Caddy CTS-V Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy CTS-V Wagon   Caddy CTS-V Wagon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am

Well the CTS wagon was made for the European market where wagons are VERY popular. We just got lucky and they put the steering wheel on the correct side and gave us one too. Wink Keeping in mind that the CTS is a big car to the European market. It's doubtful the V wagon will sell in very big numbers but we'll see. And yes, modern wagons simply can't compare to ours, and it's likely nothing ever will thanks to the new fuel economy regs screwing things up.

Living along the Blue Ridge the only time I actually drive on flat roads is when I leave the area. I love the hills and curves! Not so good for gas mileage but they sure are fun.

WF11 in Virginia anyone? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
MrBuick

MrBuick

Caddy CTS-V Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy CTS-V Wagon   Caddy CTS-V Wagon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Caddy CTS-V Wagon CTS-V-Wagon
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Caddy CTS-V Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy CTS-V Wagon   Caddy CTS-V Wagon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:44 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:

WF11 in Virginia anyone? Wink

That is one fest I would be sure and attend no matter what. I left there ( Va Beach) in 99 and have been wanting to go back ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caddy CTS-V Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy CTS-V Wagon   Caddy CTS-V Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caddy CTS-V Wagon
Page 1 of 1