GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Empty
PostSubject: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi folks. I'm in need of a set of heater hoses for my '92 OCC. The ones I need would be from a '92 or '93 Caprice wagon or sedan, '92 or '93 Roadmaster wagon, or a '93 Roadmaster sedan. All '91 B-bodies and the '92 RMS setup uses a bypass valve, and as I just found out, one of the heater core pipes is a different size on the '92-'93! It may be possible that only some early '92 RMS's use the hoses with the bypass, I just know I can't use anything with a bypass in it. What I need is the setup that is two separate hoses, with an inline restrictor, and with Quick-Connect ends on the heater core attaching side. Post here or PM me if you've got 'em. Thanks guys!

-Lynol

Last edited by Lynol on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 4:46 pm

I am not sure what you want. The 91 has a vacuum operated bypass valve, and the 92-93 uses an inline restrictor. The restrictor is available from your local parts house. The hoses are standard size heater hoses. The only one that is a PITA is the one between the manifold and the restrictor, because it is bent to fit. You may be able to find one that has the correct bend(s) and cut it to fit. I believe they are 5/8 inch hoses.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I am not sure what you want. The 91 has a vacuum operated bypass valve, and the 92-93 uses an inline restrictor. The restrictor is available from your local parts house. The hoses are standard size heater hoses. The only one that is a PITA is the one between the manifold and the restrictor, because it is bent to fit. You may be able to find one that has the correct bend(s) and cut it to fit. I believe they are 5/8 inch hoses.
Fred, what I need is the non bypass hoses with the restrictor inline that would have been on the '92 & '93 B-bodies (with the exception of the '92 RMS which may or may not have kept the old '91 style bypass setup). These hoses are not like the '94-'96 B-bodies; these have Quick-Connect ends that attach it to the heater core. That's why I can't just use standard size cut to length heater hose. I had a '91 9C1 bypass setup I was going to use, but I found that the '91 heater core has 5/8" in and out, but on the '92 and '93 one pipe on the heater core is 5/8" and the other is 3/4". My old heater hoses were damaged, and now, long gone, so that's why I'm looking for a used set.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:23 pm

I think I have a hose set, but it does not have the restrictor, and that side only has a short hose on it. There is a 93 in a yard in Tampa 35 (miles one way), but I will not get over there until I get a clear day (its been raining a lot).

Is the metal part the damaged part? If so, you may be able to use the set I have. I ended up with an aftermarket restrictor, rigging mine, and putting a serious tightening to the hose at the manifold.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 am

I believe this is one of the lines he wants Fred
WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) $%28KGrHqFHJEgE8oY,p!UjBPdMbOTCug~~60_57
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 9:48 am

Yup. That's one of the ones I need, Dave. Fred, I stupidly threw out the damaged ones I had way back when I picked up this '91 9C1 set from the JY, so now I need everything.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 10:05 pm

I have a set, like I said. I knew exactly what you wanted. The ones I have do not have the restrictor on them. It is the hose to the radiator, and one that has a short hose to attach to the restrictor. I do not have the restrictor, but they are available at any auto parts store. You can get adapters for reducing hose sizes as well. The white nylon part stays with the core, and if you do not have them, they are also available at the local parts store. I would like $50 shipped for the two. I accept paypal "to friends and family" at jfkiehl@ij.net. Send your address in a separate PM or message with the paypal.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 4:38 pm

I picked up a set at the yard today. The quick disconnects are not. It took me 45 minutes to an hour to get them out. The heater to the radiator hose was cut, but it is not hard to splice a piece in. I would like $60 shipped. They came from a 93. I accept paypal "to friends" at jfkiehl@ij.net. Send your address separately.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks Fred, but for a little more money I can get brand new GM hoses, which is probably what I'm going to do since it's getting cold here and I need heat real soon. Once I was able to figure out the part numbers for them, I was able to find a new, GM short hose with the restrictor online for $50 shipped. Big savings -the dealer wanted $97. The long one to the rad I'll just get from the dealer for $53, since buying online only saves me $3. Figure that one out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)   WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)
Page 1 of 1