GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Concertsound II connectors?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theblurrrr

theblurrrr

Concertsound II connectors? Empty
PostSubject: Concertsound II connectors?   Concertsound II connectors? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 3:03 am

When I bought my 93 RMW a couple years ago, someone had hacked up the front door panels and put in 6x9 speakers with a dash mounted Pioneer CD receiver.  Never sounded very good.  I found an OEM Delco CD receiver, proper brackets and installed it and got a massive improvement in sound quality!

Now I've acquired some replacement door panels and installed the original type 4x6 speakers, but as you can imagine, the quality is a little weak.  I have some of the Concertsound II speakers w/buckets, but notice that there is a different wiring connector.  I love the bone stock look of my original door panels, so I want to put speakers in their stock location.

Is there a wiring adapter to convert the 93 harness to a 94-96 speaker?  I don't want to cut up the original harness; but I can make my own if I have the connectors with pigtails.  

There are VERY few Roadies in Washington State, much less the junk yards; any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Roofers!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Concertsound II connectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concertsound II connectors?   Concertsound II connectors? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 9:13 am

Many auto parts have those connectors that you are talking about.  Usually on one of those rotating display units.  Not sure if they'll have what your looking for, but maybe.

I know how you feel about hacking up the wires.  Another option would be to use a quick splice, then you wouldn't have to do any cutting.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Quick-Splice-Connector-!-16!14-Gauge/p_9373.h_152554.t_1.r_IF1003?mkwid=N1DQUky4&crid=38094426869&gclid=CjwKEAjwhqShBRDS95LciqqaonISJADj1rgasIPmjpAUtxFy4L9NcKJrXwnYSHdKmkL761GLFep_dRoCTbrw_wcB

Tom
Back to top Go down

Concertsound II connectors?
Page 1 of 1