GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oldfriendabb

oldfriendabb

Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete) Empty
PostSubject: Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete)   Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Hey all.....can't say enough how much I love this site. I am looking for a radiator cover for the dual electric fan set up. I have a mech. fan with a idler bearing going bad and a froze tensioner and a broken bracket. I have ordered Innovative Wiring kit I found mentioned here to aid in conversion to electric fans. I got a primary fan from the local yard, but I found it laying in the back seat. They only had four Roadmasters and NO Caprices. All roadmasters were missing radiators, fans, and mounting hardware. I just need the top cover (mount). thanks
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete)   Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:14 pm

I have the top mount. $40 shipped. You need to have the computer programmed to run the second fan, or get one from one of the cars in the junk yard that has the electric fans.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete)   Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:54 pm

i did the samething and used Innovative Wiring kit on my 94 caprice i did not have to have the computer programed. just plug and play
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete)   Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:15 pm

I also did that mod, I'm pretty sure you do not need to reprogram the computer. I did eventually have it done to lower the turn on temperatures.

Tom
Back to top Go down
oldfriendabb

oldfriendabb

PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete)   Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 10:49 pm

Fred....PM'ed you. thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete)   Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiator cover for dual electric fans (doing mech. fan delete)
Page 1 of 1