GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon

Go down 
+3
phantom 309
phastlt1
jayoldschool
7 posters
AuthorMessage

91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Empty
PostSubject: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Yall got to go to ebay and check out this 91 caprice wagon.Lambo doors for starters but thats not the kicker.Check out the alum intake system and look where the air filters attach to the intake tubing.He has 2 small electric motors that look like turbo chargers wired into the system.Someone put a boatload of serious work into that design and hell the whole car.Wants a ton of money but it shows lower miles that my OCC.The more I look at the car the more ideas I get for my own car and what I wont do to it.I think for the amount of money he has in dress up alone he could have put a built LT-1 in for less money and time.Somebody knows how to migweld and shape aluminum and DAMN it looks good.
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Quote :
He has 2 small electric motors that look like turbo chargers wired into the system

...and, that's all I needed to hear.
Back to top Go down
phastlt1

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 pm

I wanna see more of the chevette in the background, lol....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Anybody tried the LAMBO doors   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:47 pm

I keep going back and looking at that intake system.It looks great and much better than any old LT-1 engine.Take that Phantom 309.Just kidding Nick we havent talked much yet but I do have a lot of respect for your mechanical abilities just not as much as you do.
Come on Nick what is your feelings on those little motors,enquring minds want to know?I doubt they do much for performance but I bet they sound like a vaccumm cleaner in a outhouse and make as much sense.
Has anyone tryed one of these ebay TBI crate motors yet?I have narrowed it down to 8 builders on ebay but I want pics of their machine shops.The one thing that bugs me is even the engines 87 and on that came from the factory with a roller cam they have replaced with flat tappets.With all the oils being low zinc formulas or no zinc at all why do they insist on using the old systems.I know its cheaper and all but the roller system makes better power.
I would appreciate everybodies opinion that has one on the matter.I have rebuilt my share of small block chevies and a few CBX bike engines but I am old and lazy so let someone else do the rebuilding and I will blackmail my freinds into helping me install it.
I think with a Herta chip and tweaked TBI injectors it can run with the most of the LT-1s not all of them though.Way back when I remember when SLICK 50 was $50 bucks for a quart and that was the only additive out there.I swear it did make your engine idle faster but thats it.I use to always mix molybenum sulphide shooters with my Castrol GTX oil in my CBX because it flat worked on keeping that inline 6 run cooler in the summertime!
OK guys I need input please.
Thank You
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
.Take that Phantom 309.Just kidding Nick we havent talked much yet but I do have a lot of respect for your mechanical abilities just not as much as you do.

eh? and you are? wtf does this say? respect?? i don't need it, what ebay wagon?,. tbi? pffft,!! post a link,.*yawn*

K ,.car has some merits, the twin hot air intake is shiney, but not performance inducing,.
if you are attracted to this sort of engineering/modding,. be prepared for some ridicule,.the electric motors on the air intakes likely slow the air flow down rather than increase it, good for a giggle anyway, we need cars like this, they make mine look so much better,.

Nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:28 pm

At least post a link to it for us.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-1991-Chevy-Caprice-Station-Wagon-Lowrider_W0QQitemZ330420226451QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4cee948993

Take the good/usable parts from it and push it off a cliff.

Gonna be hard enough to get that kinda cash from a plain TBI wagon, yet alone one with AC blower motors in the way of the intake, lol. What a moron.

Massive fail.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:00 pm

That is one of the ugliest wagons i've ever seen. Poor Caprice.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 pm

I knew a guy who put a 350 in a chevette. It was a stupid car. Stupid fast, lol. Scary fast.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Sprocket wrote:
I knew a guy who put a 350 in a chevette. It was a stupid car. Stupid fast, lol. Scary fast.

Actually in the 70s, GM put the 267 V8 in the Pontiac Astra as an option for a couple of years affraid Had to literally remove the right side motor mount to change the plugs, and this is back in the day that you changed plugs at least once a year.

It too was scary fast, especially for a stocker. Handling was a little squirrelly with a bad tendancy to kick out it's rear end, even on moderate acceleration. Really lay into it and you had no idea where it was going to go.

Bill
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 pm

convert2diesel wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

Actually in the 70s, GM put the 267 V8 in the Pontiac Astra as an option for a couple of years affraid Had to literally remove the right side motor mount to change the plugs, and this is back in the day that you changed plugs at least once a year.

It too was scary fast, especially for a stocker. Handling was a little squirrelly with a bad tendancy to kick out it's rear end, even on moderate acceleration. Really lay into it and you had no idea where it was going to go.

Bill
??????????????????????????????????????????

um,.. pontiac astra v8?? er,. mebbe opel astra v8,.
monza v8,..
don't think gm made a v8 pontiac astra
lots of folks(including me) built them,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:35 pm

The 79 Pontiac Sunbird was available with a 305 V8. The Olds Starfire had one from 77-79.

The 1975 Chevy Monza however was sold with the 262 V8. Cali and High Altitude US areas could get them with a 350. Though it was highly detuned. It was replaced with the 305 for 1976 and the 262 was gone for the 76 model year.

The 267 was available from 79-82 with F, G and B bodies.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:17 am

[quote="phantom 309]um,.. pontiac astra v8?? er,. mebbe opel astra v8,.
monza v8,..
don't think gm made a v8 pontiac astra
lots of folks(including me) built them,.

Nick[/quote]

There were two of them around town, purchased from the local Pontiac Buick dealer. There is a good possibility that they were the "Motion" conversions that were marketed through a few GM dealers as the cars were really tricked out for an Astra. After driving one, I quickly lost interest. The backyard Monza conversions were very popular for the local drag race crowd but these Astras were the only ones I had seen that came that way from the dealer.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon   91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

91 ebay Caprice Show Wagon
Page 1 of 1