GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ventshades for a Boxie?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
redcaddy

redcaddy

Ventshades for a Boxie? Empty
PostSubject: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 8:46 am

Old 2014-10-30, 14:33 PM    #1  
redcaddy51

Vent shades for a boxie?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been looking high and low, for plastic, or stainless steel, vent shades to fit my '89 Estate wagon. No joy, even JC whitney let me down. (although they do still carry fuzzy dice and dingle balls...)

Does anybody have a lead on a source, or something that can be made to work? Every thing I've found is way too long for our tiny little doors.

Thanks for the help,

Paul
Back to top Go down
redcaddy

redcaddy

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 4:44 pm

bumpity bump, b ump, B ump.

62 views and not even a snotty remark or smart azzed comment? That is not at all what I expect.

A guy could get his feelings hurt around here. (If I had any...)

Do I hear a bronx cheer?

Paul
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:36 am

They are a bit hard to track down. I'm not a fan of ventshades and I can't vouch for these aftermarket ones, but this was the best I could find. It "says" it fits, but I am always double checking eBay's compatibility. It might mean the FWD Electra and not our big wagons.

Ventshades for a Boxie? $_12

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14122-AVS-Ventshade-In-Channel-Stainless-4-Pc-Bonneville-Lesabre-Electra-/291203784587?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1989|Make%3ABuick|Model%3AElectra|Submodel%3AEstate+Wagon|Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.0L&hash=item43cd191f8b&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
swingin'safari

PostSubject: VENT SHADES   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:11 pm

I HAVE A SET OF 4 VENT SHADES (FRONT AND REAR DOORS) IN STAINLESS STEEL THAT I REMOVED FROM MY '87 SAFARI WHEN I BOUGHT IT. THEY ARE ALL IN GOOD CONDITION AND I WILL GLADLY SEND PHOTOS.
THE PRICE IS $50 WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING TO A U.S. ADDRESS.
YOU CAN CALL ME AT 330/397-2647 OR EMAIL TO garbagemail@neo.rr.com (it's a real email address).
JOE
Back to top Go down
redcaddy

redcaddy

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 6:58 pm

Joe,
Got the pictures, looks good, Check's in the mail...

Thanks, Paul
Back to top Go down
redcaddy

redcaddy

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Joe,

The shades came yesterday, perfect condition. (musta slid that one right by the postal gorilla's)

The window rubbers were hard, and crumbled when I tried to slip the shades into place. (Imagine that, they are only 25 years old, and already they are cracked and dry...) Not a big deal though, they fit perfectly, I really don't think they will fall out.

I'm having a tough time figuring out how the clips fit in, can you school me?

Anyway, thanks a lot, pleasure doing business with you.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
redcaddy

redcaddy

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:27 am

OK, Just a little update and a request for help.

As I said earlier, I got the shades installed, but couldn't figure out how to install the keeper clips. 2 of the shades have rattled/vibrated out of place. (Both as the door was closed, so I didn't lose them on the road, thankfully.)

Is there anybody out there in the great beyond that remembers how the clips are installed, so the shades stay in place?

I'm far from the only old fart here, so I gotta call "little help"

Thanks, Paul
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Still need help on this? I can look at the ones on my lesabre and see how they are held in.
Back to top Go down
redcaddy

redcaddy

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:12 pm

Yes thank you, at this point any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Paul
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:48 pm

I'll take a look in a couple days. Right now, it is freezing cold and snowing here
Back to top Go down
redcaddy

redcaddy

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 6:52 pm

I fully understand...(I've been torturing all my friends north of the Mason-Dixon line with my local weather report, showing 78 and sunny. ROFLMAO! (they get even when it's so hot here the snakes are sporting sun hats.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ventshades for a Boxie?   Ventshades for a Boxie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ventshades for a Boxie?
Page 1 of 1