GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought I was once a member here

Go down 
+7
stewzer55
jasonlachapelle
Sprocket
BigBlackBeaSSt
Krzdimond
DBeaSSt
beertestr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
beertestr

Thought I was once a member here Empty
PostSubject: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 2:51 pm

I thought I was on this forum years ago, but it's been 10 years since I owned my DGGM 1A2 wagon, I am not even sure this forum was around back then..

Anyway, new to the forum, some of you may recognize my username from the SS forum, same dude Very Happy.

I've been in the bbody game for going on 15 years, and currently am thinking of dipping back into wagons. I currently have a LS powered 79 Caprice Coupe.... well it's LS powered where the motor is in the car, but that's a minor detail. So, I may be back up to 2 bbodies, and I have not had more than 1 in the fleet at the same time in 8+ years.

Last wagon was a DGGM 1994 1A2 package wagon that was my DD. Very clean <100k miles, the previous owner had the mirrors converted to 95+ style. Tan interior, stock motor, trans, 2.56's, but with Metco's, and Hotchkis bars, SS wheels and SS grill.

That's all for now..
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Welcome back! I hope your search for a new wagon is successful. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Good to see you get the login situation fixed.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:19 am

Welcome, NOW GO FIND A WAGON!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:34 am

Welcome back! That wouldn't be the DGGM 1A2 that Billy McKay had
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:49 pm

welcome!
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Welcome, Hmmm '79 2 door LS sounds familiar, I've read through a thread like that somewhere.
Back to top Go down
beertestr

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:22 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome, NOW GO FIND A WAGON!!

Got one!!.. couple of speed bumps with it, but I got one.. Looks much better in the dark. One of the local Motown guys bought it from a guy in St. Louis iirc. Body is solid, but lots of hail damage on the horizontal surfaces. I'm debating what to do about that. More importantly, the motor decided to start letting a rod knock, so while an LS swap is on the list, it's going to get another stock LT1 to remain useful.

The dark pic -
Thought I was once a member here 20141125_190304_zpsz46azgm8

The morning after pic, my wife was already p!$$ed about the wagon, so I didn't dare go out and have a photo shoot.

Thought I was once a member here 20141127_120125_zpspnnbgjj6

Spare peeling chrome rims I put some used 235/55-17 Conti's on. Plasti-dip is an amazing turd polish and it took me 2 years AFTER the big trend started to realize it.

Thought I was once a member here 20141205_181944_zpsozo9lxga

Sprocket wrote:
Welcome back!  That wouldn't be the DGGM 1A2 that Billy McKay had

Spacely?   Not sure about the Billy McKay wagon. I was the 2nd civilian owner, the first was a fellow MISSL member who bought here in MI from police auction. It was a pretty clean wagon. Another local guy bought it as a winter beater.
He had a REALLLLLLY clean Black 94 Roadie that he bought from a friend of mine... that Roadie eventually ended up being a Chump Car sadly..

jasonlachapelle wrote:
welcome!

Hi Jason, all settled in out west?

^^^^^^ This guy knows how to load a wagon up for a X-country move. Very Happy
Since he's Canadian, I'll say he fit 4.53kg in a 2.27kg bag..

stewzer55 wrote:
Welcome, Hmmm '79 2 door LS sounds familiar, I've read through a thread like that somewhere.

I have a build thread on the SS forum. Look for "Iron LS2... something something" in the build threads section. It's currently sitting in storage sans powertrain, I have a few projects to finish before I put something back in. I'm targeting SS Nationals this year in Bowling Green, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:27 am

Welcome...Love the gray on our rides. Q.? Dont pissed wifes and B-Bodies go hand and hand. They seem to in my neck of the woods. Lol
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 3:13 pm

are the roof rack ends filled or missing
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
beertestr

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:27 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
are the roof rack ends filled or missing
They are off. The previous owner gave me a set of side rails, cross bars and more spears. I am not sure if I'll put the roof rack back on though. I was thinking it might not be too hard to get some 1/2" thick strips of aluminum stock and fashion some wider spears to cover the roof rack holes. The troughs where the rack goes above the back windows looks like a gutter, and is not really offensive to me, so we'll see what happens there.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Good looking wagon... Jeff
Back to top Go down
sswagon

sswagon

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 8:14 am

Sometimes asking for forgiveness is better then trying to get permission.
Back to top Go down
beertestr

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Found a pic of my old DGGM. The previous owner had the doors modified to the 95-96 mirrors.

Stock motor and trans, Hotchkis bars, DGGM SS Grill, Metco LCA's and SS wheels. I sold it to get an 04 GTO..
Thought I was once a member here DSCN0262_zps4c0d07f1
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:38 pm

my mistake, thought you were in the NE for some reason. Not too many DGGM 1A2s around hence my question.

My first wagon was a 94 1A2, Dark Sapphire Mettallic (NY State Police), pretty much the sister to Jimbeau's if you've seen his. Too many northern winters, I couldn't keep it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I was once a member here   Thought I was once a member here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought I was once a member here
Page 1 of 1