GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1A2 Questions. Nick, please help.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

1A2 Questions. Nick, please help. Empty
PostSubject: 1A2 Questions. Nick, please help.   1A2 Questions. Nick, please help. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:56 pm

I am getting ready to rebuild the front end of my 95 1A2. After looking at several autopart chain web sites. I find myself more confused than ever. I will start with the lower ball joint. The chains list wagon and police 5/8, while everything else is 9/16, yet Navy lifter tells me that the 1A2 only got the bigger ball joint when the 9c1 got it during mid production of 95. And is the springs just standard wagon springs? Or are they spec to the 1a2? I assume they are just standard wagon springs.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 1A2 Questions. Nick, please help.   1A2 Questions. Nick, please help. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:08 pm

standard springs,.check your spid label for the rate as there are 4-5 different rated springs,. if the ball joint takes the bigger nut its 5/8ths,.
but i doubt it,.,.check the joints for wear first,.no need to change anything that is not worn,..some folks change stuff just for the sake of having new everything,. but in my opinion thats a waste of money,.
don't put the cheap centrlink on it'll wear real quick as will the idler arm,. step up for these two pieces and buy moog problem solvers,.new centre link and idler and a couple of decent front shocks, and she'll feel like new,.
jm2c

Nick
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: 1A2 Questions. Nick, please help.   1A2 Questions. Nick, please help. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Just checked my current lower ball joints. I guess they are the smaller 9/16 size. So I ordered the moog problem solver lowers and uppers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1A2 Questions. Nick, please help.   1A2 Questions. Nick, please help. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1A2 Questions. Nick, please help.
Page 1 of 1