GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Indiana noob

Go down 
+7
Sprocket
Andebe
stewzer55
Shaneomac
bamalongroof
HoosierDaddy
NO RTR 7
11 posters
AuthorMessage
NO RTR 7

NO RTR 7

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Hey everyone,

In the past I would have never thought I would end up in a place like this.  As a teenager I wouldn't have been caught dead in a station wagon. Puke!

Then this summer something crazy happened.  While rolling along on the hotrod pour tour I saw a coupe of b body wagons and for some reason I began to take an interest in them.  I drive a lot, gather up car loads of people, haul stuff, tow boats, do burnouts, etc etc so I got the idea in my head that a wagon could be a good solution for me...

A couple months later after searching craigslist I picked up a 1994 Caprice wagon with 92k miles off of an 80 something year old man who thought I was nuts for being so excited about "a tired old station wagon."  I have been enjoying it more and more ever since and plan to start doing small things to it here and there as time goes on.  Maybe even an LS swap if I really get energetic with it!

...and I am not allowed to post pictures of the wagon so oh well to that
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Hello from the Indy's Eastside (close enough to hear the gunfire, far enough not to see and bullets!) I just purchased an LT1 wagon a few months ago too. They're great cars! I graduated high school in '95 and wouldn't have been caught dead in a woody wagon either. I come from a large family and my mother always had a large GM wagon. The first was a 75 Kingswood. Next came an 82 Buick. I learned how to fly the bird in the carbon monoxide seat of that one. The last was an 86 Olds Custom Cruiser. I took my drivers test in that car. Anyway, I've only been on here for a week or so but it seems like a friendly and helpful place. Look me up if you ever need a hand wrenching.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Welcome to the forum Guys....Jeff
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Post pics!!!! Welcome to the site hope to catch ya in the streets maybe. Are you coming on power tour this year? It's in champaign again. I haven't decided Iif I wanna bring the wagon or the truck again.... hopefully I get the wagon where I want it before then....
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:59 pm

Hello, from across the state line in Ohio!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 11:17 am

Welcome from Dublin...Bout an hour east of Indy.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Sounds like another nucleus of wagony people is growing in the upper Midwest Smile

Welcome aboard and look forward to pics in a few days (it's a spambot prevention thing).

Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:07 am

Welcome from scenic Batesville, just an hour East on I74. I just got my first wagon recently too.

Russ
Back to top Go down

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 10:26 am

Sure is reassuring to see all these new fans of the B body wagon joining us.The more the better,WELCOME GUYS!
Back to top Go down
NO RTR 7

NO RTR 7

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Ls swap is looking more likely by the minute. It's 4 degrees outside right now and the trans feels funny when shifting. I dont plan to spend much on this engine and trans so a trans rebuild is completely out of the question.
Back to top Go down
sswagon

sswagon

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 6:38 am

Sounds like all you Indiana guys should get together when the weather warms up. It would be nice to see a picture of that. You guys are growing.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 11:13 am

Hoosier WagonFest you say? Hmmmmm,well I said it anyway...Double hmmmmm....
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:54 pm

Wow! Sounds great...count me in!

Russ
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Wagonfest Indy?? I would for sure do what I could to make it.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Welcome! Sorry to say my travel day in 2015 will be a minimum. With a son serving in the USAF in Japan for 3 years we need to go visit. All extra $$ and time will be targeted to that direction. All of the 'car' oriented travel will be at a minimum this year.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Im in for and Indy fest. Jeff
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:51 pm

It looks as though all that we need is a time and place. I would be happy to help in any way.

Russ
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:51 pm

Count me in!
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 8:03 pm

I'm 50 miles from the state line off US40 hmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 8:12 pm

Wagonfest Midwest @ Indy.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:10 am

I'm in Batesville, IN just 59 miles east of Indy on I74. My neighborhood has a nice clubhouse with a swimming pool, a big parking lot, and the ability to do cookouts. I know guys whose passion is making killer fried chicken pan fried in lard. I could host a Batesville Wagon Fest if there was an interest.

Russ
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:34 pm

I don't like to get too technical, but the Wagonfest should be in Speedway, Indiana Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indiana noob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indiana noob   Indiana noob Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indiana noob
Page 1 of 1