GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hidden vin# locations???

Go down 
+3
MalibuSSwagon
rjathon
Buicknutt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buicknutt

Buicknutt

Hidden vin# locations??? Empty
PostSubject: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:25 pm

So I was reading this article today about people who buy cars that are really stolen vin switched cloned cars.  Law enforcement guy said all cars have hidden secret vin#'s. Thats obvious for the newer stuff but I was wondering if our wagons had the hidden vin's. I've literally taken these cars apart to the last nut and bolt because of my parting out activities but don't remember seeing any hidden vin's, but then again I wasn't really looking too hard.

Anyone here know of these secret vin locations or if they even exist Question
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:04 pm

I wish that I lived closer and could be your assistant. Haven taken so many apart you could teach me a lot!
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:48 pm

Isn't the VIN stamped into the firewall?
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Haven't really looked that close, but I worked at the GM plant where they build the SUV's. It used to build the b-bodies. I do believe they had them stamped on the frame rail on the drivers side. Wonder if they did the same with b-bodies.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 11:27 pm

On the wagon, the VIN is also on the SPID label in the back, glued to the body.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 8:02 am

I remember seeing a sticker on part of the firewall on the passenger side when the front clip was removed, I think the VIN or a vin derivative is on that.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 2:59 pm

its only the last 6 digits they use,. so it often looks like a part #

Not on the frame but on the body shell,.

It doesn't matter what year or style of frame you put under a shell,. the title covers the shell only,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Yeah - can confirm - it's not anywhere near that front clip or engine bay LOL

Or on the front frame rails. Nope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden vin# locations???   Hidden vin# locations??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden vin# locations???
Page 1 of 1