GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)

Go down 
+9
Sprocket
phantom 309
brokecello
200OZ
ChevyChugg
DBeaSSt
buickestate
94X2
Bewber
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Empty
PostSubject: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:58 pm

I've always had an deep appreciation for the quote that says "LIFE is what happens in between the things that you plan."

Let's just say I've had an interesting week so far and have experienced alot more "life" than we could have ever expected lately .......

OK - as a bit of a dramatic preface - I should share a little of the MEGA-drama of me being completely kicked out of nursing school (hense the avatar change) - based soley on the opinion of my clinical instructor. Here's an example of a hospital experience that she setup to document and deem me as "not ready to proceed".

Me: Hey, I found that lady's eye drops we were looking for.
Her: Oh good. Go ahead and see if she'll take them.
Me: [gives the lady her OVER THE COUNTER eyedrops as instructed]
Me: Do you want me to chart them as given, or as given late?
Her: Oh so you gave them to her?
Me: Well, yes. You specifically told me to.
Her: I'm writing you up for administering a medication without me being there.

FYI - other students with an identical exchage = NOT written up.

..... and so on.....

So then when she gave me my FINAL evaluation where she officially failed me - it was FULL of handwritten things that were blatantly 100% wrong about me, my experiences, my abilities, and things that were in direct CONTRAST to the syllabus of the course, which she told me I had better review. She refused to give me a copy of the document, told me that I HAD to sign it, and that if I wanted a copy of my own, I'd have to get one from the Nursing office....

So now the only way to get BACK in is through a big fight via the Dean's office, but I need that document to build my case with point by point PROOF of why I should never have been kicked out, etc...

So that's part of the ongoing BS that's been fairly consuming until I was treated with the more recent distractions of LIFE ....

LAST Wednesday......
I go to the nursing office and ask for the copy of my document.... you know, the one that's in MY file - about ME - that I was FORCED to sign - and that every student with OTHER instructors were openly given at the time of THEIR evaluation. I was directed by the secratary (who refused) to my advisor - who said he also couldn't give me a copy unless I make a formal request via email. Apparently me sitting 2 feet from him wasn't formal enough, so I went home and emailed him as instructed. VERY Frustrating.

LAST Thursday.....
My dad turned 73, which is unbelievable since he's is still about 350 pounds and has been a cardiac mess since he had a huge heart attack in 1993! I remember praying that he'd live to see me get married, then praying that he'd make it long enough for me to see him hold my first born, etc. Well, I been married 10.5 years, my first born is now 9, and he's also held the other 3. My youngest is about to turn 4. Anyway, as stupid as is sounds - my dad turning 73 was a pretty emotional and dramatic deal for me - and I spent every minute of that day with him that I could.

LAST Friday....
Somehow, despite being just born approximately last month, my oldest daughter - Princess Kaleigh Aloha - turned EIGHT when I wasn't looking. I can't believe how old my wife is getting. A bunch of family joined us for dinner, including my wife's grandparents who had timed their return trip home from Florida to be in town for her birthday weekend. We call them Gram and Pa.

Last Saturday....
Following a 16-0 undefeated soccer LAST season, our oldest son, The Blaser, skipped the fall half of THIS season of soccer to play football. Last saturday was his first time playing soccer since that undefeated season. It was his first game at the next highest age group. Only a month after turning 9, he was playing in the "10 and under" class - including some kids that were almost 11. This first game back was against a team that went the whole fall season undefeated. Blase played like a rock star, we won 4-1, and his win streak is now at 17, whch is pretty bitchin at ANY level. "Pa" came to the game, but "Gram" wasn't feeling well.

Last Sunday....
Kaleigh made her first holy communion and was the most beautiful girl in the church. The support she was shown was absolutely humbling. It was amazing. We took up a full SEVEN rows in the church that was PACKED. Our good friend Pat even made the trip over from Canada. (Thanks again brah) Gram walked in, but needed help walking out since her legs weren't cooperating. At the reception, they decided to get Gram to the hospital.... but not the one 2.5 MILES away. They honored her refusal and took her to the one nearest their home 2.5 HOURS away. We also learned that my MIL's brother was very ill and not doing well. Adria and her mom bolted north as soon as the party ended.

Last Monday...
The Good - a cousin of ours in the U.P. had a baby boy, and FMA and her mom were already up north, so they got to go check him out.

The real Bad - Found out that Gram had had a stoke DURING the communion service - at her brainstem - which is why BOTH legs were affected. But Hey - it was only a big assed stroke, so it's a good thing they dicked around in getting her looked at - NOT. Let's just say we're not impressed with "them" letting the person with a effin BRAIN TRAUMA make decisions regarding treatment urgency. Livid. Pissed.

Tuesday...
The uncle who wasn't doing well got admitted to hospice and not given very much longer, like days. ALSO - I was bitching to my dad about Gram refusing to go to the hospital and he confessed that he could relate - since his heart had been acting up the previous night pretty bad - and he'd refused to go get it looked at despite the pleas from my mother to let her take him in. What a dick!

Wednesday.....
So just when I think things HAVE to be winding down - it's raining like a MFr out and my sister calls. She's 15 years older than me and NEVER calls. Apparently after living with my Brother in Law for over 31 years, she'd had enough and needed me to help her GTFO right THEN. Sweet. "Where are we moving you to?" got "I haven't figured that out yet - for right now the goal and direction is OUT!" We rallyed a posse and loaded up all her stuff into an enclosed trailer and the kids are excited to have "Auntie LuLu" stay the night at our house for a bit.

ALSO - I got a phone call from my school advisor to let me know that the University of Michigan Legal department had advised him that he's not allowed to give me a copy of my document. So now I'm a big mix of "Huh? WTF?" and "Oh really, It's AWN now, bish!"

So that's GOT to be enough for one week, right? Well......

TODAY....
I'm working at our shop and get a call from the kids school. There's something wrong with my baby girl, Jade. She's in Kindergarten and just turned 6. Her ankle was so jacked up that she couldn't walk on it. She hadn't jumped, or fallen, or ANYTHING. Just BOOM - pain, swelling, and discomfort - and being the only person there, I couldn't leave to go get her without closing the shop. Being bad ass - the secretary at the school drove her to me. When my help arrived, we bolted to the Dr - Dr sent us for X-rays.

Get this - she's got what they call a "Chip Fracture". Sometimes it hurts her so bad she can't take another step, then other times she seems fine - and NOBODY knows HOW it could've happened! Either way - WTF???!!!!!

ALSO - my wife and I's "Uncle Chuck" (he's an uncle - but not by blood, etc) - HIS dad got admitted to the Hospice building where my wife works and was given "hours to days" left to live. It's not as distant as it sounds since we're not just tight with uncle Chuck - but also his whole family - including his parents. She has late getting home to see Jade's ankle because she was staying late to be with Uncle Chuck at his father's bedside. Tough.

Tomorrow....
Part of me is scared to get out of bed - and then there's another part of me that can't wait to get up and find out WTF is gonna happen next!

Anyway guys - in the grand scheme of "It's not you, it's me" I needed to share some of this crap as some twisted means of therapy and coping. Thanks for "listening".

Peace, Love, Horsepower,
Bewber.
Back to top Go down

Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Empty
PostSubject: VENT AWAY   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:36 am

Bewber,as I listened to you talk I couldnt help but feel your pain and fear.I am taking care of my parents and both are very sick but I know that mom who is 81 is fighting the inevitable.She has auto-immune hepatitis,fractured hip and a recently broken wrist.Wrist surgery last thurs and at least 2 or 3 doctors appts weekly.
I promised both of them a long time ago that neither of them will ever see the inside of an old folks home and I meant it.I have 2 younger brothers and a baby sister who with the exception of my baby brother havent seen either parent in over 2 years.Not one happy birthday,happy mothers/fathers day or even a get well card.
All you can do is your best and if venting thru this forum helps then please do it.Man it sounds like you got your hands full.If you have someone who can help you please do it cause even a short break will do wonders for your heart and body.
Gotta go give mom her meds so take care and be strong.
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:29 am

Bewber
I couldn't help thinking as I read your post that I can relate 100%. I thought I had my hands full here. My wife has MS and about a month ago ended up in the hospital for 6 days leaving me to juggle taking care of our 6 year old plus working, keeping the house going, driving back and forth (1 hour trip each way) etc. A week after she got home she was admitted to a diifferent hospital with blood clots in her leg. When she finally got released she was on bed rest. I kept going through all this with only my step-daughter's minimal help. As a result of all this, I'm in a big battle with the duck insurance since it really hurt us with her being out of work so much with no pay. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I really admire you for keeping it together with what you're going through and your post was a little therapy for me also! I've never met you but if you need an ear to vent to feel free!

Jon
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:57 am

John, give your dad shit for me. I'll be chatting with you later today
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:20 am

Wow John, that is a lot to deal with, especially in such a short time. I have great respect for your ability to keep it all together! I certainly hope things calm down for you and begin to improve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:33 am

Hey John I'm really sorry to hear all this, I hope things get better. Call me if you need to. 608-426-6059
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:43 am

Boy Bewber, when it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear about all the health problems in your family, and the paperwork nazis at school. When I go through the ringer I turn to Jesus and read my Bible, the Lord always comforts me through His word. I don't know what your relationship with God is, but that is were I go for strength. Sounds like you're the corner stone of a few families, so stay strong. I'll pray that the Lord gives you and your family strength, comfort, peace, and healing as you all go through this.

God Bless you and your family,
Mike

Last edited by 200OZ on Fri May 07, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Good grief...that took about half my lunchbreak to read. (but didn't seem like it. Woah) You have A LOT going on, guess that's why you are a little crazy. You need your own blog site. Keep getting out of bed! (prayers for your daughter too...)

Chris

Last edited by brokecello on Fri May 07, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Hey thanks guys.

We're just taking each day and adventure as it comes. And I got out of bed today just like every other day - and even went to the 10am Mother's Day mass at the kids school with my wife and my mom.

Today's drama isn't really very surprising though. My wife just headed North after getting the call that her Uncle was blue, barely breathing, and probably wouldn't make it through the day. It'll be a blessing for him to pass and be at peace but it'll still be hard on Adria's mom and grandma - which is who she really went to be with.

I'm not really "down" or depressed at all - just a little in awe at how nutso things have been around here lately and thought I'd share because - for real - you know it's bad when you struggle to be surprised that your 6 year old girl gets diagnosed with a fractured ankle from NOTHING happening to it.

Allright guys - I gotta go help my sister get moved into her new rent free apartment - that I'm thankful to be able to provide since the unhaunted half of my haunted duplex was empty and available.

Flasher - Jon - hang tough guys. We'll get through this. Thanks for all the prayers - and know that I've returned them in kind.

Peace and God Bless,
John
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Haunted? Well, be careful moving her in! You need to share more about the haunts down the road Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:03 pm

brokecello wrote:
Haunted? Well, be careful moving her in! You need to share more about the haunts down the road Smile

LB you need to veiw the archives of bewber's past post both here and on that other forum's Misk section....it's well documented, might have been during your absence from wagon owner ship in those days when you were snubbing us....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:31 pm

somehow i think you should have refused to sign any document you don't get a copy of,. seems a signature might be misconstrued as agreement in principle etc,..
freedom of info gives you the right to see anything in your file,.

the wee one will be fine,..
dad,. i hope so,.
gram,. well as was stated,. time somebody else steered that ship for a while,.

Now what are you going to do ?? (income, etc,.) assasin for hire?
Chin up johnny,. everybody loves ya,. (in a non faggoty way of course,.)
you,re intelligent and resourceful, a survivor type,. you,ll change directions i,m sure,. but i figure you,ll do fine,.
I,m glad to see there's other folks with a life like mine, (never a dull moment)

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:57 pm

Man and I thought I had alot going on here. I do but not that much.
Sometimes it's good when all this happens at once, you become VERY focused and do what needs to be done and soon you are on the other side.

Peace, luv, horsepower. We're right in your tail lights brutha.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Damn, J. Crazy week! And I thought it was when I'd only heard half of it...

I'll give ya a buzz in a few. Smile
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Yikes... Hang in there man. In 2k3 I had a similarly dramatic course of events within one month. The sigh of relief when it's all over is one of the best feelings there is.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Hang in there, things have to get better. I went through a spell of drama back in 2k3-04.

September of 2k3 my father dies suddenly from a fatal heart attack. I was 19 at the time and was the worst thing that could have happened. This is what happens when you don't listen to your doctor and work your butt off at 2 different jobs and re-shingle the roof yourself with heart problems (bypass surgery 10 years prior).

The following week I graduate from the tech school I was attending for computers. 5 months later I finally get a job in my field and it is a miserable tech job for a poorly managed store.

In june of 04 my Mother suddenly falls in the night when she was walking and smashed her head on the bath tub. She is rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with a brain anurism. They said the only thing that saved her life was when she hit her head from collapsing it caused a clot that stopped the bleeding. 2 months later she finally gets out of the hospital after brain surgery, and even now she still isn't all there.

It happens to all of us, when it rains its pours. Just hang in there and you will eventually get through it all. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks again guys. Both guys that were supposed to pass away finally have done so peacefully, the Grandmother with the stoke has been recovering very well, I was finally emailed copies of the paperwork in my personal file from the school, my sister is all settled in her new apartment and seems to be in a much healthier place mentally, and things seem to be mellowing out.

Hopefully the trend of better luck will continue until we get the other grandmother's knee trouble finally diagnosed and get her out of the hospital.

Thanks,
John
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Nothing to add John,just letting you know I was thinking of you from the start.

keep pushing forward with the school,you have worked too hard to let "SOMEONE" stop you. The other issues are all out of your control. Keep the Faith, Lorne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)   Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have a boring life? Click here for your overdose of drama.... (both good and bad)
Page 1 of 1