GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Insurance Limbo

Go down 
+3
jayoldschool
Bewber
phantom 309
7 posters
AuthorMessage
phantom 309

phantom 309

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:15 pm

so last year they wouldn't insuure the black flamed wagon with out an appraisal,.did it for 125 and so that was fine,. now they won't insure the dually because its supposedly customised by bolting on fibreglass fender flares and a cab extender anda visor,. AAND,. its a 1994,.they say it has custom paint too,. well its factory white,. with not so much as a friggin pin stripe,.and with stainless wheel covers, (read fancy hub caps ,.) they won't insure the blue wagon either,.
so,. NOWwtf,..Haggerty told us to get lost too,. because minimum values are 17,500!! they won't even issue a policy with an agreed value,.
AAAAARGH!!!!!

Nick
*click*
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:45 pm

There are many classic carriers, including some you wouldn't think of. My dad has his cutlass insured through State Farm and before I went to Haggarty - I had my 65 through Farm Bureau.

Call around.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Nick, I have my classics with Lant Insurance:

http://www.lant-ins.ca/index.php

Dirt cheap. Not sure how "new" you can go...

Jason.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:36 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Nick, I have my classics with Lant Insurance:

http://www.lant-ins.ca/index.php

Dirt cheap. Not sure how "new" you can go...

Jason.

15 model years for custom wheels
20 for silver wheels
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:55 pm

before y'all toss out the various companies,. read their restrictions,..
i like to sometimes daily drive mine when they are on the road,.
lantz is pretty restrictive,. can't use my dually for regular driving,. huh? my dually to a car show?
pfffft,.no grocery shopping,. no vacations,. ..oy vey,. once a week to cruise night,.meh,.
gotta be in a locked garage,. right.
ins brokers...bunchakhuntz

nick
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:52 pm

Nick:

Got all of my stuff insured with ING. I don't bother with collision as none of my cars are worth the extra premium and I take the attitude that if I'm stupid enough to cause an accident then I can bloody well face the consequences.

The only advantage to "agreed value" insurance is that it gives you some wiggle room if someone else wipes you out. Establishes a base line value only. This crap about "no-fault" insurance has sort of written paid on that kind of claim. If I had something really nice, then maybe I would think differently but for now everything is considered a daily driver so it's PL, PD, fire, theft and glass and any insurance company will write paper on that.

As far as the Dually and the blue wagon, it's time to find a broker with a clue. Thats nonsense. Try your bank. I know both TD, CIBC and Royal have both gotten into the insurance game as well as your local Loblaws (Presidents choice insurance???) Have heard some good (and bad) about these off market companies.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:08 pm

tell then it's an 'exotic', but yeah none of the collector guys will touch you unless you have aome POS daily insured with a 'regular' company. at least that's how it is south of the border.

I'd have all my wagons on collecotr if the a-holes would write a policy, but they aren't 'old' enough yet (got 6 years to wait on the youngest....sheeesh)
Back to top Go down
Tim's Wag

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Well now that I'm in the middle of my deal. I'm going to be looking for some sort of different insurance for my wagon now too. I'm taking it up the wazooooo right now for my deer incident....and it doesn't feel so good either! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insurance Limbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance Limbo   Insurance Limbo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insurance Limbo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: