GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!

Go down 
+4
Andebe
lakeffect
Krzdimond
stretch5363
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stretch5363

Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Empty
PostSubject: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:54 pm

I am trying to put together a wagon fest in pigeon forge TN,if not familiar, pigeon forge has a ton of stuff to do,and has some of the biggest car shows on the east coast, I won't have a problem getting a venue. Let me know if you are near my area and would like to help
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Pigeon Forge. We go there for vacation every year.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 7:13 am

One of the Tourist website to get you familiar with the area.

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 am

Really excited about this possibility,Gatlinburg is one of my favorite trips!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Well then you two hook it up and get busy.   Somewhere else in here I did a write up on how to do a WF.    

In short,    try to tie it to an existing car show (more interesting draw), keep it simple, you can pull it off with only a couple people (we make do with 2 or 3 for planning)

Most importantly don't expect a big turn out and...
 Be surprised pleasantly if you get more than what  you thought.

The only reason WF FL has been so successful is the draw of the Spring Turkey Run.  Sure if it was held on a different weekend, we would still have people show, but I'm sure it'd be a lot less.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Essentially the Spring meet uses the Turkey run to piggy back our event within it. It is unique in that regard. The others have been stand alone events.

If you piggy back, then you can take advantage of whatever activities are scheduled within the event. In a sense the work of planning is easier.  A stand alone event requires coordination of places like restaurants for a group meal, in NY, the Watkins Glen track, etc.

We all appreciate a group rate at the same hotel/motel. It saves money and we all get to hang out at night.
Back to top Go down
stretch5363

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:34 pm

Good ideas guys, might try and plan one around the same time as the fall rod run,its a HUGE show, with TONS of classics,and hot rods,the venue I'm considering has held several shows,and there's many hotels right next door.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Would it be this one?

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/events/pigeon-forge-(formerly-the-grand)-fall-rod-run/

Maybe there is a reserve area for clubs or specific vehicles, like Corvettes, Mustangs and  now Longroofs.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:33 pm

That's not far from me....Id be interested if I was free whenever you set a date and would be happy to help as well.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
stretch5363

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Yes lakeeffect that is it, and yes Chris I will let you know when,I get more planned out, also did I post this in the right place (on this forum) figured there would be more than just a handful of people interested
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 7:23 pm

When you find it next time it is because I moved it to   "Event Central"  under Wagonfest 2015
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:59 pm

stretch5363 wrote:
Yes lakeeffect that is it, and yes Chris I will let you know when,I get more planned out, also did I post this in the right place (on this forum) figured there would be more than just a handful of people interested

If you can get dolly to show up,. i'll go.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Dolly said she's busy, but her clone is available!

Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Dolly-sheep
Back to top Go down
udownwitk

udownwitk

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:00 pm

less than 4 hours for me. make it happen... im sure i can bring 2 or 3 more wagons with me as well..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!   Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with planning a wagon fest pigeon forge TN!!
Page 1 of 1