GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96 RMW Rear panel locking clip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

96 RMW Rear panel locking clip Empty
PostSubject: 96 RMW Rear panel locking clip   96 RMW Rear panel locking clip Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:03 am

So my dad broke the clip that holds the 1/4 turn spring loaded screw that holds the cover over the spare tire compartment. Where can I get one, what is it called and ? part number

Thnx
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW Rear panel locking clip   96 RMW Rear panel locking clip Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:44 pm

about the only place you can find one is in another car (read junkyard). common to break, not avail for purchase so far as I know.

the only other chance is someone on here has one they would part with. I am short a couple myself and I grab them whenever I see one in the JY.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW Rear panel locking clip   96 RMW Rear panel locking clip Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:21 pm

^^^ Hard to find, and if you do, grab the sprung screw part, they break too. They are not mentioned in the FSM, and not available except from a donor car. If you see a wagon in the JY, grab the parts. I am not a parts hoarder, but I do not like to beg others for the parts I need. There are a lot of other parts that are nice to have as spares.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW Rear panel locking clip   96 RMW Rear panel locking clip Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Wow, I seem to remeber my sister haveing a 83 camaro that had some thing similar on it for the same type of thing. We called the guy my dad bought the car from and he sent my dad one. I was trying to find another as a back up as he is 77 and sometimes he does not pay attention to everything that is going on. I will have to find one in a JY and save it for a rainy day.
Back to top Go down
Ruphraxe

Ruphraxe

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW Rear panel locking clip   96 RMW Rear panel locking clip Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:17 am

I mailed him one about a week ago. He should have it by now.

pboerschlein wrote:
Wow, I seem to remeber my sister haveing a 83 camaro that had some thing similar on it for the same type of thing. We called the guy my dad bought the car from and he sent my dad one. I was trying to find another as a back up as he is 77 and sometimes he does not pay attention to everything that is going on. I will have to find one in a JY and save it for a rainy day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW Rear panel locking clip   96 RMW Rear panel locking clip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96 RMW Rear panel locking clip
Page 1 of 1