GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.

Go down 
+2
brokecello
Deadmanonduty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadmanonduty

Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Empty
PostSubject: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 11:24 pm

Has anyone tried the Corvette Engine Covers (fuel rail covers) from Summitt racing?
They look similar to the actual GM parts that were on the Corvettes, but they look a little different.

I tried to install the GM fuel rail covers a couple years ago and man they were a PITA, so I sold them.

I'm wondering if these would be less trouble possibly and not need to horse on the wiring harness sooooo hard to make clearance for the GM Fuel rail covers?

heres a link I saw them in…..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 9:45 am

That looks like the LS cover....might be the wrong picture?

I have the LT1 Covers myself and didn't have a lot of issues installing them BUT I will agree it is a slow job making sure you fiddle / unplug / reroute things to make them work.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 10:25 am

My wiring harness was really hard and uncooperative. I actually cut it open in places to gain extra length and it was pulling soooooo hard on it that I was afraid I was going to damage it by breaking some wires. I even modified some connectors and spliced in more wire and it still wasn't enough slack. I was really disappointed, because I love the look of the GM Covers.

Maybe this link is just for GM parts, but the picture is wrong….. Darn..
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 10:58 am

The main thing I did was unwrap the injector wiring some to free it and route the main harness bundle infront of the trans dipstick tube (think I adjusted the tube some as well) It was more of a "shift everything around" kinda deal. I would be pissed too if I had things so tight I was considering splicing connections....don't blame you there. You might have had a monday or friday harness!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 12:03 pm

It was already 20 years old when I tried to install this, so maybe it got more brittle over the years too. Maybe yours was when the car was newer and the harness was more flexible?

I spliced numerous places to gain length and unwrapped a lot of the harness to gain any length I could. It was disappointing as the covers would still pop up off those studs because the wiring harness was still a little bit in the way. I even cut the covers a little bit for extra clearance in one spot if I remember right!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 am

I did that project years ago, and have loved it.   There is a write-up here somewhere on the entire process, but it's still one of my favorite mods! No cutting at all, but did have to replace some vacuum hoses and it was a slow process.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 11:18 am

OH and looking at your link from Summit, remember that GM is calling the motors in the new Corvette an LT1 again. Those look to be for those new LS LT1 motors in the current cars.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 pm

They did their project years ago as well.......This thread is nearly 3 years old......
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:41 am

Ive been thinking about it for a few years. Does that count? What a Face
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 6:03 pm

sometimes people have trouble because they don't use the lower pins to stand the covers off the intake,.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 am

phantom 309 wrote:
sometimes people have trouble because they don't use the lower pins to stand the covers off the intake,.

The hardest part I had was moving the main wiring harness....which was pretty stiff and dry...was worried about damaging something. That was a long weekend but totally worth it!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Wish they were available plain. I dont have a Corvette.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.   Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine Covers (Fuel rail) from Summitt Racing.
Page 1 of 1