GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?

Go down 
+6
lakeffect
TheRoadmasterKing
Sprocket
phantom 309
silverfox103
theblurrrr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
theblurrrr

theblurrrr

Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Long story short, I'm looking at purchasing a 93 RMW near Chicago and I'm near Seattle. The seller does not have enough info shown in the two pics he has up.
I need someone with RMW knowledge to give this car a once-over and send me a couple pics. I'd be happy to pay a fee for your time.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Be careful as you are going into the Rustbelt.

Tom
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 4:48 pm

i,ve seen more than one sour face from western buyers that bought eastern cars,...

There was a well publicized example one time with a nice green wb4,..
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Ditto the above posts...Salty roads no bueno
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Curious, but does Ohio count as the rust belt too?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 9:32 pm

If they put salt on your roads in winter, then the answer is yes.

To aid winter traction, if they throw chicken wing bones on the roads, then no.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 9:43 pm

lakeffect wrote:
If they put salt on your roads in winter, then the answer is yes.

To aid winter traction, if they throw chicken wing bones on the roads, then no.
Well crap...I'm in the rust belt big time. Columbus and Grove City have salt spreaders all winter but they're using brine a lot now too. We have salt barns and mini-mountains of salt that we can drive plows up onto and dig out salt
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 12:19 am

The exact reason I just parked my 95 for the winter!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:03 am

Someone from Seattle looking to buy iron from Chicago?

Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? C92be

Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:59 pm

We use mag cloride here in Colorado, but fortunately it doesn't snow all that much here.
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Deadmanonduty wrote:
The exact reason I just parked my 95 for the winter!

That was my intention also since I was just in Chicago and bought an AWD car today for winter driving but I see the dealer put on new tires and they just happen to be max performance summer tires. I just don't know if I want to spend another 1K+ to replace them with some all season or use the wagon the few days I would have to get out on the bad roads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 12:49 pm

...funny, Im also looking (lurking?) at a wagon in the rust belt and I live in CA. I guess this says something about how appealing these wagons are. Good idea to have a pair of experienced eyes to check it out for you. I did the same thing about a month ago on a wagon that is for sale in FL. Looked great from 10 feet away, but the undercarriage was significantly crusty. Good luck with your investigation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?   Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anyone available in Chicago to look at a RMW?
Page 1 of 1