GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings from Omaha.

Go down 
+5
Sprocket
Andebe
dmg4
stewzer55
NO SUV
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NO SUV

Greetings from Omaha. Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Ran across this website and thought I would check it out. Looks like it could be fun.  Recently retired and purchased a 96 Roadmaster wagon in July. Daily driver for me. Might possibly attend some of your events. Are they all on the east coast? How about one in Omaha? Maybe I can get Warren Buffett to attend. Most people ( family members) think it was silly of my to buy the car but I love it.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 4:23 pm

Welcome! If you can get enough interest, you can start a Wagonfest in Omaha, I'm sure some of us in the Midwest and farther out west would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Welcome to the club.

My wife made fun of my first wagon when I bought it.   She has grown to love it.

Good for her, because otherwise I'd miss her terribly.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Welcome! You bring the steaks!!!! Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Welcome aboard! They are addicting like potato chips....can't have just one lol. Pretty soon your friends will start sending you pictures of ones they see, girls will stop you and tell you how cool it is....
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Welcome! Hang in there a wife can love it or leave it. Tell her not to make you choose.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Welcome aboard!  They are addicting like potato chips....can't have just one lol.   Pretty soon your friends will start sending you pictures of ones they see,  girls will stop you and tell you how cool it is....

I have yet to have a girl that is not related to me say that my wagon is cool. My niece wanted me to take her driving in it right after she got her learner's permit though.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 10:47 pm

Keep the wagon or get another wife,.

Keep the wife or get another wagon,...

i keep buying wagons till i get one she'll like,.

If she was smart she would have loved the first one,.
Back to top Go down
NO SUV

PostSubject: The wife   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 12:44 pm

I can't get rid of her right now, she's paying the bills. Plus I'm kinda used to her and she's a good cook.
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 5:56 pm

I'd drive down to Omaha for a weekend of wagons, steaks and beers!Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Of course it was silly to buy that car.
What is their point?
You'll love it, and as it's silliness is combined with its utility, they'll love it too. . .just don't expect them to ever admit it.

Born in Wahoo but expat to the east and never likely to get back (wasn't my choice).

"Wagonfests" are springing up all over.  If you can find a way to hold one there, it might give me a good excuse to get back, at least for a visit.

The long straight highways out there seem like they were designed for these cars.

Looking forward to living the Nebraska life vicariously through your posts.

GBR

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Omaha.   Greetings from Omaha. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Omaha.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introductions...-
Jump to: