GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Empty
PostSubject: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 5:10 pm

I have all new top of the line parts to convert a donor wagon rear into a 3.73 posi. Brand new parts from Summit and GM. I've decided not to install this rear into one of my wagons, so before I have all those new parts installed I thought I'd test the water to see if there is any interested wagon owner that might want to buy this one from me . Otherwise, I would seek out a 9C1 or Impala SS rear to put the parts into.

I already have a nice wagon rear recipient so I was going to use that one instead of searching for a narrower sedan model rear and spend more money.

I plan to have the work done next weekend so................anyone?
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:35 pm

So what do you have?
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:10 am

Right now I have a 3.23 posi out of a '92 Roadmaster wagon that will be gutted. Only the stock axles will again be used. New outer axle bearings from GM. New axle seals and yoke seal from GM.
Detroit Trutrac, ring & pinion and install kit from Summit Racing. Total from Summit (only) came to $721.91.
I can get part prices from my local GM dealer for the bearing and seals if required.
The rear was extensively wire brushed (course ), prepped and painted with gloss black Rustoleum.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:02 am

Whats the pre/post work price?
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 5:54 pm

I stopped by the dealership today where I purchased the GM parts and now have the rest of the parts prices.

Three seals (2 axle seals, 1 yoke seal)- $39.97 with tax.

Two axle bearings- $52.53 with tax

Summit parts- $721.91

total on new parts $814.41
1992 Buick Roadmaster wagon rear $175.
Final total spent so far $989.41
Ring & Pinion are from "Richmond"

Take everything listed above with NO install labor for $900. All built add $400 ($1300 built)
GM parts were with my shop discount of 20%. So list price is more.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Ok. I was interested in just knowing what parts you had. I'm looking for more of a Eaton clutch type posi.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:25 pm

I decided it was not needed.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 am

atlantadan wrote:
ABS ring included?

Easily purchased through Summit.

If no takers by Fri night, unit gets fully assembled this Saturday the 11th.
Then installed in the car in a few weeks if no buyer.
Back to top Go down
jxdrl

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 9:14 pm

Sorry, saw this late. Did you install it?
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 2:46 am

Have not installed it. I've been very busy with all the body work. I figured I would get as much of the body and paint work done then tackle the trans rebuild situation and then the rear swap.
The rear is all rebuilt and except for a fresh repaint (was fully cleaned with course wire brushes on a drill and side arm grinder , then painted gloss black Rustoleum) and some fresh gear oil is ready for installation.
If interested in it, pm me.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon   If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If there's an interest, new 3.73 posi for sale soon
Page 1 of 1