GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Subwoofer box question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRoadmasterKing

Subwoofer box question Empty
PostSubject: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy a pre-fab subwoofer box for these wagons? If I do end up getting a RMW as my first car I want to put subwoofers into it because I am a hardcore basshead. I've seen the threads before of people putting a box in the spare tire well with expanding foam, but I would prefer something that looks nice without having to tear apart my car to install it. My idea if pre-fab is unavailable is putting something in the rear footwell, and running wires around the seat and mounting my amp in the spare tire well, and then folding the backwards seat over the sub box to hide it so when you open the trunk all you see is the trunk, no seat or woofers.

Can someone give me a measurement of the depth and widthof the footwell so I know to find a box that I can close the rear seat on top of and so its not too wide where I would be able to drop it down in there?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 10:47 pm

Will this box fit in the footwell and be able to have the seat closed over it?
(W) 30" x (H) 13" x (D) 13.50"
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 11:03 pm

[removed]
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Other option:
36 x 18.2 x 16.2 inches

Will this fit in the rear footwell and allow the seat to be closed over top of it? Can someone measure their rear footwell?
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 8:18 pm

This is a box that my son installed in his 96 roamaster wagon. I will also show the amplifier monting location. This was a lot of work (and money) but the entire sound system is outstanding no matter what kind of music you like.

Subwoofer box question Wmmcr7

Subwoofer box question J9y63b

Subwoofer box question Jjxri9

Subwoofer box question Beshll

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 8:38 pm

looks impressive,. i just would worry about a wreck,. with that speaker flying around in the car,.
a front end hit, that speaker perched up there becomes a decapitation tool,.

jmho
yrmv,.
nweoi
pdcc.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 9:17 pm

That entire box with the speaker weighs about 350 lb. The speaker is bolted down (not drywall screws) to the box. the box itself has Line X truck bed liner sprayed on the outside. That with the carpet in the back makes that set up pretty stable.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 11:40 pm

Danr63 wrote:
That entire box with the speaker weighs about 350 lb. The speaker is bolted down (not drywall screws) to the box. the box itself has Line X truck bed liner sprayed on the outside. That with the carpet in the back makes that set up pretty stable.
Good lord that's insane! From the looks of it I see 2 stacked SoundQubed amps? Tell him I said I love his setup! I am truly amazed with it. It looks really really good! I wasn't wanting to do all-out like that though I was thinking of just trying to stuff 2 10" woofers in the left storage compartment so I can keep the 3rd seat and cargo space.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 4:54 am

That is what I kept saying the entire time (insane) we where building this beastly system! I still wish he would flip the speaker around and mount it conventionally, But he wants to be different. It does sound really good (like a concert front row).
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 6:49 am

Danr63 wrote:
That is what I kept saying the entire time (insane) we where building this beastly system! I still wish he would flip the speaker around and mount it conventionally, But he wants to be different. It does sound really good (like a concert front row).    
I still love his setup though. Do you know how many watts he's pushing?
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 3:46 pm

The small amp is 90 w X4 (front door speakers high and midrange) The subwoofer amp is a solid 2200 W RMS @ 1 ohm. The subwoofer is a dual voice coil 2 ohm wired down to 1 ohm. Everything was dialed in for max "clean" power (he has all the distortion meters and tools for set up)
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Danr63 wrote:
The small amp is 90 w X4 (front door speakers high and midrange) The subwoofer amp is a solid 2200 W RMS @ 1 ohm. The subwoofer is a dual voice coil 2 ohm wired down to 1 ohm.  Everything was dialed in for max "clean" power (he has all the distortion meters and tools for set up)

NICE! Any idea what that red button is by the head unit?

Last edited by TheRoadmasterKing on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Yes, I have installed that in both of our roadmaster wagons. It is a kill switch for the power antenna. These days most of us don't really listen to regular broadcast radio and use other forms of media to listen to music. So the switch was installed to prevent the antenna from raising when the head unit was turned on (very useful when entering a car wash).
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 am

If you measure the height of the bottom of the foot well to the cargo bay floor you will know how much room you have. Length and width are easy. You can remove the seat cushions if you need more room.

Danr63: Since you do not listen to broadcast radio, you could have just unplugged the antenna under the hood when it was down.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 9:55 am

Yes we could have but sometimes you need a traffic report or want to hear a ball game and that is when the radio becomes handy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer box question   Subwoofer box question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subwoofer box question
Page 1 of 1