GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

She's gone

Go down 
+5
phantom 309
brokecello
mcfiddles
Cadet57
GN1220
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GN1220

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:37 pm

After several months of looking at one of the nicest RMWagons on earth sitting in my garage, she left for her new home in the north yesterday. Lorne and his wife flew in from New York monday night so I picked them up and took them to the hotel. They wanted to treat me and my family to breakfast so we picked them up tuesday morning, had breakfast, then came home to see the car for the first time. I think Lorne was very happy with the car as he had a huge smile on his face and just kept walking around looking at it. After talking about the car, showing all of the records from day one when the previous owner wrote a check to Superior Buick for $26,xxx dollars for the balance, pointing out the differences in the Buick and Chevy, other odds and ends then visiting with him and his wife a bit, it was time for them to go. We shook hands, my wife took a few pics then I backed my '94 out of the driveway and watched as, for the first time, someone else got in my car and drove away.I know the car is going to a good home as Lorne seems like one of the nicest guys out there, despite what some in the misc. section might say. To say I'm sad is an understatement but it is something that I had to do at this point in my life. Unfortunately pale But I know the car will be very well taken care of as I feel confident that Lorne will be an even better caretaker of her than I. Just a crummy way to spend your birthday. Sorry I didn't mention it being my birthday Lorne, just didn't feel much like celebrating.

I hope you"ll see this so have a great trip home, take care of the "Ol girl" and enjoy her. It was truely a pleasure to meet you and your wife and hopefully someday my family can make a trip north to see the wagon again. I mean, you and your family Very Happy
She's gone 016
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Oh man. Gorgeous WB4. Black is the best wood delete color there is. Infinitely jealous right now. Razz
Back to top Go down
mcfiddles

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: But the good news is.....   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:10 pm

I know it's REALLY sad to have to part ways with such a find; I wish I'd been in a position to buy it. But if you're going to have to sell, Lorne is way high on my list for someone to sell to. He clearly loves these cars and is always straight-up in his postings. I'm guessing from your comment that someone hurled a mean, thoughtless hurtful reply to a post of his - and he responded. I got into negative territory somehow on the "other" forum and it's laughable how some people's perceptions can be....
Lorne will look after it, and I'm guessing it was worth every penny!

It does get me thinking, though....when Ellwood (my wagon) eventually dies, what the hell am I going to drive?!!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Smile Well, you know it will be well cared for still. I hope to meet him someday myself....HAPPY B DAY BTW
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:38 pm

mcfiddles wrote:
I know it's REALLY sad to have to part ways with such a find; I wish I'd been in a position to buy it. But if you're going to have to sell, Lorne is way high on my list for someone to sell to. He clearly loves these cars and is always straight-up in his postings. I'm guessing from your comment that someone hurled a mean, thoughtless hurtful reply to a post of his - and he responded. I got into negative territory somehow on the "other" forum and it's laughable how some people's perceptions can be....
Lorne will look after it, and I'm guessing it was worth every penny!

It does get me thinking, though....when Ellwood (my wagon) eventually dies, what the hell am I going to drive?!!

Lets leave the 'other" forum where it belongs, along with its dicktator moderator.
It is interesting to find out about folks posting over there about their wagon stuff, then they post here as an afterthought,.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:01 pm

I felt loss too when I sold my 1A2 to Twinzilla. It was by no means a gem like yours, but I figured, I'd probably never get another shot at owning one, but like you is was the responsible thing to do at the time.

Not to worry, she's in great hands.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

Lets leave the 'other" forum where it belongs, along with its dicktator moderator.
It is interesting to find out about folks posting over there about their wagon stuff, then they post here as an afterthought,.

No offense but it seems people rarely post here. It can go days or even weeks without people posting in certain sections. I only posted "over there" first because it gets a LOT more traffic and Lorne also sees threads "over there" as well. I figured he would see it "there" before he saw it here. And "here" was never an "afterthought". I had every intention of sharing my feelings with all of my extended wagon family. If you notice, "over there" was only a few minutes before "over here", not days later. Also wanted to show the pricks "over there" that Lorne is a very nice guy, not the nut that a select few "over there" claim him to be.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 pm

There you go....
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:58 pm

lol...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lornejay1

lornejay1

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks for the compliments Mike.

One guy once said I was about 3 degrees off center,to which I replied,really,ya think I am that close?

So some of my labels have been earned but thats OK,I know the difference.

So that pic doesn't show the chrome wheels the car has on it now. It is even better than the pics everyone.

I am drawing attention everywhere I stop. I am sorry I can't download pics untilsI get home.

we were at the Indianapolis raceway today and did the tour. what a facility and what great weather.

did the mall deal this afternoon and then headed east to Mansfield Ohio.

Yup,most of you may or may not know how I love shawshank redemption and I even had Andy as an avater when I got unbanned .

Tomorrow we will do the tour and then head towards Pennsylvania.

http://www.mrps.org/pages/shawshank-trail

Marge is really craving some water so maybe there is somewhere along Lake erie to stop.

If anyone knows, speak up.

Happy B Day Mike,yes I wish I knew.

It hasn;t seen rain yet and I guarantee it will not once I get it home.

I have to say though,I get a sore back at times. My big fat 1a2 seat made for Donut eating cops is a lot better foam.

What a car,I can't stop looking at it.

Lorne.

Last edited by lornejay1 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GN1220

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:12 pm

Lorne, glad you were able to tour the Indy facility but that had to be a pretty long haul for you guys. What time did you arrive? And all the worry about the paper tag and you don't use your signal? What were you thinking? LOL At least it was just a warning. Have a safe trip and keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 pm

We find it easier to lay around in the morning,get breakfast then do something during the day.

we then drive to wherever we want to spend the next day,arrive tired and crash.

we got here aroun 9;30 tonite.

Lots of dead deer along the road,I pull over as it gets dark.

Tons of leos in Ohio,and I was warned not to speed when I first entered,

Forgot to mention to you guys what a terrific person Mike is as well, Kids that you would want to take home,and a wife that makes the family a complete Package.

I have some great pictures,more ahead I hope. I'm looking out atr the car as I type,it is like I ordered a new Buick Wagon and drove to the factory to pick it up
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:26 am

Presque Isle State Park‎ - in Erie. nice beach water warm this time of year
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Presque Isle State Park‎ - in Erie. nice beach water warm this time of year

Without a doubt. I grew up 30 miles south of there. Lorne - if I would have known my mother has a bed and breakfast there and I probably could have got you a nights stay! Of course, if you're interested let me know!

Car is beautiful. I'm jealous. I hope you are enjoying the drive home.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

She's gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's gone   She's gone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

She's gone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: