GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swiped center caps!

Go down 
+4
81X11
silverfox103
dmg4
jon7190
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jon7190

jon7190

Swiped center caps! Empty
PostSubject: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 11:15 pm

So I came out from work in the evening to the parking garage, and got a nasty little surprise. All four were missing. I was surprised that there are people out there coveting the center caps on Roadmasters. I'm really bummed!

Swiped center caps! 20161010
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 am

I thought swiping hubcaps was a thing of the past. I suppose it's good to see that youth of today are not completely without ambition. Now, if the miscreant could just find a more acceptable outlet for their impulses.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 8:12 am

dmg4 wrote:
I thought swiping hubcaps was a thing of the past.   I suppose it's good to see that youth of today are not completely without ambition.  Now, if the miscreant could just find a more acceptable outlet for their impulses.

I'm not too sure I'd blame it on the youth of today.  Hate to say it, but I would guess it's a Roadmaster owner.  Being a 96, it had gold lettering on those caps.  I'm sure the thief knew it.  Wonder it the parking garage has video cameras.

Tom

Last edited by silverfox103 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am

This makes me sick. Really sorry to see this, and hope you find some replacements quickly. There are a lot of low-life idiots out there, sadly.

All the best,

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 am

Hey Jon, my buddy Bill Crovo up in New Hampshire has a full set of driver-quality center caps he'll give you for the cost of the shipping. Message me if you want them and I'll get you his contact info.

Can't have you running around nekkid!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 10:26 am

Conversation being had in a Texas town recently. "Dude,you finally got those caps for your wheels?" Sweet!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 pm

funny how the other texan seems to know where to find a set, hmmmmm lol
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 1:55 pm

James Morris has a driver-quality set for your too, if you want them. Postage and they're yours!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Silverfox was kind enough a few years ago to bring me 2 caps he found in a yard on the way to Wagonfest. I had lost one, and now I have 1 spare. By the way, on the subject of these caps, be very careful when re installing them-if they aren't on correctly they fall off. I learned this the hard way after getting new tires for my car. 2 days after I got the tires one fell off while driving, and when I checked the other ones 2 were loose. Now I take them off before any service I have done involving tires, and then put them on myself once I get home.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 9:55 pm

silverfox103 wrote:

I'm not too sure I'd blame it on the youth of today.  Hate to say it, but I would guess it's a Roadmaster owner.  Being a 96, it had gold lettering on those caps.  I'm sure the thief knew it.  Wonder it the parking garage has video cameras.
agreed. Probably the youth of yesterday.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
jon7190

jon7190

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 pm

I filed a police report and unfortunately there are no cameras covering there. Thanks for the support. I am pretty sure it had it's original caps. It never even occurred to me that someone would swipe them.

I, too, had the thought that this is kind of an old fashioned crime. About 10 years ago I had a 94 Caprice wagon with the full wheel covers and those got stolen when the car was parked on a busy street. I figure it's either a Roadmaster owner or someone who figured they could sell them on ebay or somewhere. Or someone who just has sticky fingers and saw something easily removable on a cool old car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swiped center caps!   Swiped center caps! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swiped center caps!
Page 1 of 1