GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!

Go down 
+3
brokecello
Krzdimond
OurCircuitMessSlobmodel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OurCircuitMessSlobmodel

OurCircuitMessSlobmodel

Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!   Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 9:02 pm

I originally joined in december of 2013, but never got around to asking any questions, or even posting, for that matter.

I have a 91 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser.

It is not my dream car. A white Caprice wagon with the factory spoke alloys and black b and c pillars is my dream....However, the Olds is very cool in its own way.

I've swapped the engine with a new 305 L03, and done a whole slew of other minor things to it. I know a whole lot more about it than when I started, having read the factory service manual more times than I care to mention. Luckily, it came with the car.

My only "modifications" are a factory keyless entry delete(didn't work)
Heated oxygen sensor upgrade
Auto leveling suspension delete(also dead)
A.I.R. pump gut and exhaust manifold plug up(extremely dead)

Other than that, Its bone stock.

Only issue I have had is getting the EGR system to work properly. The car pings in part throttle, regardless of type of fuel used. If I can figure that out, It'll be literally without any mechanical issues. At least I think its the EGR. I would love to solve it as I have been trying to in earnest for three years.

Anyway, I'll ask that question in some other forum, and hope to help out others with problems I can solve.

Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Adads_10
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!   Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 10:52 am

Welcome back!!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!   Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:17 am

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!   Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 5:01 pm

welcome back. A lean burning condition (other than an a EGR possibly stuck part/open) and over advanced spark timing could cause the problem you are having as well. Engine running to hot is another possibility. (just some other things to check out. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!   Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Welcome back.  Best color for an OCC.  I miss all 4 of mine.....but the blue one was the best of the group.....

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/15/46/16/12/blurre10.jpg
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!   Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 7:01 am

Welcome back! Where are you located?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!   Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Been a while since christmas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!   Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back Again, with some training this time. Merry Christmas!
Page 1 of 1