GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bringing Her Back Home

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Capala

Capala

Bringing Her Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Bringing Her Back Home    Bringing Her Back Home  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 pm

I just bought a white 94 Caprice wagon from South Carolina on Tuesday and drove her back home to Texas. The trip took 17 hours with stops for fuel, quick food and bathroom breaks.
The wagon has 165,000 miles on the stock drivetrain. The interior is factory blue cloth. The only mods are Impala SS wheels on 255 rubber, tinted windows, Belltech rear wagon springs and Impala SS front springs. The engine and trans feel solid. She has a lot of bounce and float on big bumps so I need to check out the shocks.
I have been an Impala SS enthusiast since 1996 with the 94-96 Impalas. I was with the HAIL and Rod Impala family back in the day. I owned a 94 Impala SS for 20 years that I use to race and show. I sold it in 2016 with 65,000 miles. I turned around and bought a 96 Impala SS which I still own.
My plans are to keep both the 96 Impala and the wagon. The wagon will be my daily driver while the 96 Impala is driven oniy on weekends and special occasions.
My short list of needed mods for the wagon are rear roll pan bumper, better driving lights, shocks, Impala front grille and replace carpet.
I'm looking forward to learning more about the wagon from this community.

Last edited by Capala on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Her Back Home    Bringing Her Back Home  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Welcome to the club! Check out the threads in the suspension section to see what others have done to improve ride and handling. I like Monroe severe service up front and coilovers in the rear, and the Hotchkis 2206R rear swaybar, and have used them on four wagons now. If you add a set of inexpensive Southside Machine lower control arms, it's a bolt-on job with no messing with bracing and drilling the stock LCAs. New and more robust shocks and a rear swaybar are the best bang-for-buck going for suspension improvements.

Grab that Hotchkis 2206R from Jayoldschool if you can. They can take months to get if you order from Hotchkis or one of their distributors.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Her Back Home    Bringing Her Back Home  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 11:24 am

Welcome to the forum,sounds like you will fit right in.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Her Back Home    Bringing Her Back Home  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 9:05 am

Welcome to the Forum...nice Wagon I dig it and the planned mods. Please post progress pictures and if you have questions ask away.
Back to top Go down
red280

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Her Back Home    Bringing Her Back Home  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Welcome. Good looking wagon you've got there!
Lots of great info on here.
Back to top Go down
Capala

Capala

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Her Back Home    Bringing Her Back Home  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I took the car to a small car show the weekend after I got it back home. My 12 year old wanted to participate in the show. By no means is the car a show car but it sure sparked a lot or interest and questions. My son really enjoyed showing the cat. Now he wants the car as his first car when he starts driving!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Her Back Home    Bringing Her Back Home  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bringing Her Back Home
Page 1 of 1