GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB Headlight retainer rings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

WTB Headlight retainer rings Empty
PostSubject: WTB Headlight retainer rings   WTB Headlight retainer rings Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 8:44 pm

No idea where these went in the years of the car sitting, but I need one complete set of all 4 headlight retaining rings that hold the bulbs to the housings.

Actually, make that two sets.

LMK
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Headlight retainer rings   WTB Headlight retainer rings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 pm

If you are not in a hurry, I will pick some for you on my next trip to the junk yard.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: WTB Headlight retainer rings   WTB Headlight retainer rings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Someone on ISSF showed me that you can actually buy new ones - so I grabbed some on Amazon and they got here today.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Headlight retainer rings   WTB Headlight retainer rings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 7:31 pm

I happened to read your thread there after I sent you the reply. When they stated that you could buy new ones, I remembered seeing them at the local Autozone. They only had one in stock.

I found a 4 inch aluminum intake tube "set" on Ebay for $50.49, or best offer. I offered $40, and they came back with $45. I bought the set. There is a straight tube 600 mm long, and a 45 degree bend also 600 mm long (about 2 ft). Normally the straight tube is about $45 alone. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-102mm-Straight-45-Degree-Aluminum-Turbo-Intercooler-Intake-Pipe-Tube-L-600mm/132696507337?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I am making a new intake that will go front, turn down with a flexible coupling of 90 degrees, and to the left at 45 degrees, then straight across to the air box. I got a couple of 30 degree soft couplings at Speedway Motors for $14.99 each, plus $5.65 shipping, to allow me to get over the coolant hose on the left side of the radiator.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: WTB Headlight retainer rings   WTB Headlight retainer rings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 7:37 pm

I have a buddy with a mandrel bender - my intake plan is to let him get some 3" pipe and send it down to the driver's side sort of like a stock LT1 intake. I have a silicone 90 degree bend off the TB, the MAF, and another 3" coupler there right now just to hold the filter on.

Current intake is ugly but semi-functional. Have to save up for the dyno tune before I do too much more to it. Next month, as long as I sell enough this month!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Headlight retainer rings   WTB Headlight retainer rings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Headlight retainer rings
Page 1 of 1