GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unobtanium part found

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Unobtanium part found Empty
PostSubject: Unobtanium part found   Unobtanium part found Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am

Is anyone interested in a spare tire cover hold down base for the D pillar? I believe I have a source for them. The original ones are usually broken, and have been unavailable for years. I should be able to sell them for $20 shipped, and I will give a 10% discount for 5 or more. I will know for sure early next week.

I tried to attach a picture, but am having no success. If you need a picture, email me at jfkiehl@ij.net.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Unobtanium part found   Unobtanium part found Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 8:24 pm

I received a shipment of the spare tire cover panel hold down bases. I will offer a little better deal than the original one above...one for $20 shipped, 2 for $35 shipped, 5 for $80 shipped.

It is the part that the thumb screw attaches to when installing the spare tire cover. For a picture, email me at jfkiehl@ij.net

I accept paypal "to friends and family" at my email address.

I installed one in my 92 OCC, and it works fine. It is a little tight installing it, but goes in nicely.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Unobtanium part found   Unobtanium part found Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 9:49 am

This part holds the spare tire cover thumb screw to the D pillar.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Unobtanium part found   Unobtanium part found Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Oscar73

PostSubject: Re: Unobtanium part found   Unobtanium part found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 10:58 pm

I would second that "Sweet!".

Took a while to install, as I dropped it in the spare tire well, and the lift strap was -over- the tire. Had to get an innocent bystander involved to get that tire out...

My question, are there any of the thumbscrews available? Mine got beat to death holding the cargo housing cover up by PO.

Also need interior screws...no Roadmasters in WA state. That I can find.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Unobtanium part found   Unobtanium part found Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 7:26 am

What interior screws do you want? Some are available at the local parts store.

I have one extra thumb screw, because they are not broken in most cars, and I have not collected them.

Some of the thumb screws have springs and spring seats. Some applications do not require the spring and seat.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Unobtanium part found   Unobtanium part found Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 am

While we're talking about unobtanium parts, RockAuto now carries parking brake cables for these cars, including the front one that tends to chew itself through the frame behind the LF inner fender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unobtanium part found   Unobtanium part found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unobtanium part found
Page 1 of 1