GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bleaching out mold

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterf

Bleaching out mold Empty
PostSubject: Bleaching out mold   Bleaching out mold Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 11:55 am

1991 OCC survivor with original white paint. Rust free but sat in Florida humidity for a long while and developed black spots embedded in paint. Cleaner did not remove. Sponged down with a 50% solution of household bleach and water. Hosed off and dried. Got most of the black out and certainly looks much better. I waxed over cleaned spots but am not sure if bleach will do long term damage. Any suggestions for addressing this high humidity problem?
Back to top Go down
Walterf

Bleaching out mold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bleaching out mold   Bleaching out mold Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 3:01 pm

The bleaching improved the black spots but didn't permanantly remove them. I wound up having to wet sand and polish them out. A lot of work but I'm doing it in sections.

Now I'm not sure if it's original paint. The information lables on the door jamb have been painted over but I don't see any overspray or signs of a repaint.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Bleaching out mold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bleaching out mold   Bleaching out mold Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 9:54 pm

If the labels have been painted over it is a pretty good chance that it was painted. GM did not put the labels on the door jams so that you could not see them.
Back to top Go down
monwell

Bleaching out mold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bleaching out mold   Bleaching out mold Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 12:54 am

Have you tried using a clay bar?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bleaching out mold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bleaching out mold   Bleaching out mold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bleaching out mold
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Paint, Body, and Glass-
Jump to: