GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ignition timing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RoadKutter

Ignition timing Empty
PostSubject: Ignition timing   Ignition timing Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 11:56 am

Getting a bit of pinning under acceleration, I’m thinking when I had work done on the car it was timed without bypassing the computer. The shop manual shows the location of the bypass but all I can find is a flat plug with two wires. I have the original harness that came with the motor out of a caprice and the bypass on that harness is the typical tan wire plug. I looked online and could only find one instance of confirmation that the double plug I have on my 91 ready is the bypass. When I looked in the harness both wires are tan. Can anyone shed some light. Because even the mechanic that did the engine swap couldn’t find it.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Ignition timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition timing   Ignition timing Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 8:23 pm

The connector is a 2 wire flat plug, and sits on top of the passenger's side valve cover. I believe you have found the right one.

What year harness do you have on your 91? 92 and 93 harnesses are different from the 91. What engine did you start with, and what do you have now?
Back to top Go down
RoadKutter

Ignition timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition timing   Ignition timing Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 9:51 pm

I have a 91 roady and the engine that went in was from a 91 caprice. My original harness stayed with the car and the donor is in a box in my garage. That’s great if the flat two wire connector is the bypass. I’ll be able to check the timing now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ignition timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition timing   Ignition timing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ignition timing
Page 1 of 1