GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Empty
PostSubject: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 am

As stated in the title I'm looking for a set of front Recaro seats in Blue or Tan. If anyone has a set or knows someone who's selling please let me know. Happy to cover shipping and/or travel to pick them up. Would appreciate any and all leads.

I have had a couple sets over the years and gave them away...of course now I want a set and can't find them. Someone on this Forum has a set or knows of someone with a set in the basement/attic.

Thanks in advance for any and all leads.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 3:54 pm

What style Recaros?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 4:36 pm

They were found in the Lumina police package cars.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 5:27 pm

Ok, I know which ones your are referring to. I have a pair in my OCC. It is hard to find the left seat. Both of mine are right seats. I had them reupholstered to match my interior. If I see any I will pick them. I have yet to see one of the police cruisers in a yard. The seats, or similar ones, also came in some 67-83 1600, 1602, and 2002 BMWs.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 5:44 pm

I was checking the inventory in a couple of local yards, and the seats came in other than police cruisers as well. Some of them had foldback armrests on the inside.

There is at least a driver's side seat in a Lumina in the Bradenton yard in FL, and a pair of leather ones in another car in the same yard. I am a little far from the Bradenton yard for a trip.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Thanks Fred and Jason. Fred does the site your referencing provide pictures? Ideally I'm looking for a set that does not need to be reupholstered. Jay (ABIDE) had found a Tan set a couple years ago for one of his friends Wagons...they are out there just not plentiful.

Id post a picture of the seats but that's easier said than done on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 8:30 pm

It is an LKQ yard in Bradenton, FL. They have a pic of the interior, but it is extremely difficult to determine the condition of the seat covering. I will check other yards, but can not guess at the condition without seeing them in person.

I would consider shipping them to near the border by Greyhound, but you need to pick them up in the US.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 pm

Thanks Fred...if you can find a decent set we can figure out the shipping. Also happy to compensate you for your time. Much appreciate the assistance.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Google images, "lumina recaro 9c3", copy link, put img tags around it

WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package 012
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 9:52 pm

I made adapters for them from 1/8 inch by 1~1 1/4 inch steel straps/angle stock. The mount for the seat itself extended a bit behind the original motorized base. I will be swapping carpet soon, and will take pics of the adapters I made. The seats are in just about the same position as the OEM seats. I need the left seat recline mechanism and covers for the hinges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package   WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WANTED Blue or Tan Recaro seats from 90's Lumina Police Package
Page 1 of 1