GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Instrument panel light problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivnut

Instrument panel light problem Empty
PostSubject: Instrument panel light problem   Instrument panel light problem Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2020 11:40 pm

When the headlights on my '94 RMW come on automatically with the twilight sentinel (correct name?) I do not have any instrument panel lights. But, if I turn the lights on manually, the instrument panel lights come on. I can dim them with the rheostat as usual but without pulling out the headlight switch, even to the park light position, there are no instrument panel lights. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ed
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Instrument panel light problem   Instrument panel light problem Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

Do you have an aftermarket radio?

Tom
Back to top Go down
Rivnut

PostSubject: Re: Instrument panel light problem   Instrument panel light problem Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 5:21 am

Yes. But I've had the same radio in the car for three years and the instrument panel lights stopped functioning just in the last few days.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Instrument panel light problem   Instrument panel light problem Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 8:19 pm

I have just started the same issue 3 days now. Automatic headlights come on just fine, but no cluster lights. At first I was able to turn the dial to off and back on and the cluster lights came on. Now that has stopped, but pulling on the manual light switch lights the cluster. I presume it is a failure in the switch, which will probably get worse with time. I will keep an eye out for a replacement switch when I get time to go yarding again, and on-line until then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instrument panel light problem   Instrument panel light problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Instrument panel light problem
Page 1 of 1