GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David R.

Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Empty
PostSubject: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 9:28 pm

I owned a 94 Roadmaster wagon that I bought from an estate in Florida, it had 80,000 miles on it when I bought it for $5000 back in 2012. I put another 50,000 miles on it then took it off the road in 2016 it sat in the driveway deteriorating for 2 years before I donated it to charity. I missed it ever since and boy am I sorry I got rid of it. To make a long story short I will be picking up a new to me 96 Limited wagon on Tuesday that I found on the internet. It has 66000 miles and is well equipped. I'll take some pictures when I get her home and try to figure out how to post them. I am sure looking forward to owning one again.
Back to top Go down
91rdmastr

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 11:21 am

Hi David, I haven't been here long but its good to know I'm not the only one that loves these cars. I bought my first one as a Christmas present to myself last year. There are some helpful people and information here!
Back to top Go down
David R.

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 11:56 am

Boy Am I stoked! It's even better than I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
David R.

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 11:59 am

Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Receiv13

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi David

Nice looking wagon! Love the color. Welcome aboard.

It would be a good idea to put your location in your signature.

Tom
Back to top Go down
David R.

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 12:52 pm

Thanks Tom, where do I find my signature to change it
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 2:08 pm

1.  Right under Longroof Forum
   2.  go to Profile
      3.   then to Personalized Profile
           4.  you will see where to put your location

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 7:52 pm

Welcome home/aboard. For as common as AGW (average gold woody) are, I've only owned 1 out or the 14 wagons I've had. Come to think of it, I've only had two 'doubles' and one wasn't really.

I had 2 maple red 91 Oldsmobiles with red interiors (3 if you count the one that was repainted a different red). ANd 2 LAB (light Adriatic Blue) 92 Roadmasters but one had a Sedan Front clip and was sans Engine when I bought it.

Glad you got another one, but astonished you found one with only 66K on it. I was lucky and scored the one in my profile pic with 70K last year and it is the lowest mileage example I ever owned.

Back to top Go down
David R.

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 12:44 pm

Hello Sproket, thanks for your reply. I've been searching for a low mileage (under 100k) rust free 96 RMW for the past couple of months . All I was finding was some nice rust free examples but with 150k to 250k with 12 to 15 k price tags. I wanted one for under 10k. I spotted mine about a month ago but it was priced at almost 13k so at that time it was out of the question . Than about a week ago I seen that he lowered the price to my liking, so I contacted him and made the deposit. I than flew to Indiana, checked it out, found a few issues haggle with him and got a fair deal.

I than drove it 700 miles home. The car runs real good and smooth but does have a intermittent check engine light, po124 and po127, left and right bank lean burn. I reset the code dump a can of injector cleaner in it when I left Indiana.
I drove it whith the cruise control set at 75 for 4 hrs before I stopped to eat and refuel during that time the light didn't come on.

When I started it up to get back on the road I let it idle while I called my wife to let her know of my progress , after about 3 mins the light came back on.
After I got home I checked the codes again same same codes.
Seeing that she runs good I'm thinking mabe the MAS sensor or a exhaust leak sucking air before the o2 sensors.
Any way I'm happy with my purchase, I got the guy to give me a good chunk off for the light coming on. So as long as as I don't have to change too many parts to fix .I'll still be happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.    Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello I'm new here thanks for having me.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introductions...-
Jump to: