GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleeperwagon

after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Empty
PostSubject: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 7:31 pm

Hi all- I finally got the Sleeperwagon running and driving, and now I am trying to sort out the gremlins. After installing the T56, I re-flashed the PCM with EEHack, after modifying the BIN file in Tunerpro. I double checked that the "enable auto trans" parameter box was un-checkmarked. But within 2 minutes of starting the car, it throws DTCs for "Shift A solenoid fault" and "shift B solenoid fault", as well as a "1-4 Control Circuit" fault. Err 81,82, and 84. Best I can tell those are all slushbox transmission codes. Is there something I forgot to do in Tunerpro when swapping transmissions? I disabled CAGS and there is no wiring to the skip-shift solenoid. Any ideas? TIA
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 7:04 am

That's weird; try a read (use FlashHack) and see if that checkbox was actually unchecked in the tune that got uploaded. If not, I think those codes can be disabled individually in the tune.
Back to top Go down
Sleeperwagon

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 1:01 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
That's weird; try a read (use FlashHack) and see if that checkbox was actually unchecked in the tune that got uploaded.  If not, I think those codes can be disabled individually in the tune.

I haven't been able to get FlashHack to run on my laptop, Windows Defender won't let me run the program and won't give me the option to override the "unknown publisher" error like I could before Windows 10. Is there any reason I couldn't do the read with EEHack? It has been working fine for reads and writes so far. I am very noob-ish on all this, is there a way to manually edit the BIN to disable the codes, or is it somewhere in Tunerpro that I couldn't find?

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 am

If older eehack still works, then that's fine. But I STRONGLY recommend you get FlashHack working. It's unbelievably safe; only 7 seconds of vulnerability while it's erasing the EEPROMs and then as long as you keep power to the PCM, you're fine.

Yes, you could manually edit the BIN using a hex editor to flip individual bits, but this is not intuitive to 99.9% of people. For the auto trans enable, It's at Byte 0x2026, bit 6. Setting that bit to zero should disable the auto trans stuff and enable the reverse lockout and skip-shift (first to 4th) routines.
Back to top Go down
Sleeperwagon

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
If older eehack still works, then that's fine. But I STRONGLY recommend you get FlashHack working. It's unbelievably safe; only 7 seconds of vulnerability while it's erasing the EEPROMs and then as long as you keep power to the PCM, you're fine.

Yes, you could manually edit the BIN using a hex editor to flip individual bits, but this is not intuitive to 99.9% of people.  For the auto trans enable, It's at Byte 0x2026, bit 6. Setting that bit to zero should disable the auto trans stuff and enable the reverse lockout and skip-shift (first to 4th) routines.

Considering the fact that I don't know what a hex editor is, I'm thinking that might be over my head. I have had to modify some of the binary code in the ladder logic routines in some of my older lathes, but the interface was very intuitive. Ironically I program CNC mills and lathes for a living and I am very fluent in writing code within my own narrow scope of expertise, but outside of that I avoid computer programming like a coronavirus. I wonder if the 1-4 error is from the skip-shift? Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree. I am not sure what shift solenoids A and B would be on a manual, though.
Back to top Go down
Sleeperwagon

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 12:18 pm

OK, I'm retarded. I looked up the DTCs for a 94 Camaro (since the Buick never came with a manual trans) and error codes 81,82, and 84 relate to the skip shift in that platform. Apparently it was doing a function test on the solenoids that bypass 2nd and 3rd gear and since none of that is wired up it threw the code. Now I need to figure out why THOSE didn't disable in the BIN, rather than the auto trans.
Back to top Go down
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Put your parameter tree in function mode, it'll be super obvious. Uncheck skip shift enable and that should solve the issue. (I don't get any codes on my wagon I just swapped)

after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Captur13
Back to top Go down
Sleeperwagon

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 2:22 am

I have that box unchecked, and still get the codes. It doesn't set the check engine light on the dash, but shows in the ECM trouble codes box on the $EEHack dashboard. If I clear the codes, they all come back within 60 seconds after restarting the car. Did you hook up the wires to the skip-shift solenoid, or just leave them off?
Back to top Go down
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Nothing is wired to it, I actually used an old 4l60e pigtail to make the splices, so the body harness is still intact tho. Mine turned off all those errors when I deselected auto trans...or maybe that was part of when I converted it back to b from an f body bin. Regardless, you just need to go Error checking=>Auto Trans=> and deselect the offending codes. easy peasy.

Sleeperwagon likes this post

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Sleeperwagon, do you have a Caprice, or a Roadmaster? The Roadmaster PCM has to talk to the climate control module and it's possible there's messaging code in the Roadmaster BIN that's not in the Caprice or F-body BIN; and likewise there may not be the code to run the manual transmission in the Roadmaster code. Try an F-body base code and move your tables, flags and scalars over to it and see if the codes turn off. But then see if the climate control still does everything it's supposed to.

beardface likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sleeperwagon

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 8:36 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Sleeperwagon, do you have a Caprice, or a Roadmaster? The Roadmaster PCM has to talk to the climate control module and it's possible there's messaging code in the Roadmaster BIN that's not in the Caprice or F-body BIN; and likewise there may not be the code to run the manual transmission in the Roadmaster code.  Try an F-body base code and move your tables, flags and scalars over to it and see if the codes turn off.  But then see if the climate control still does everything it's supposed to.

It is a Roadmaster, and it did not like the F-body BIN. I used the Roady BIN, and copied the F-body MAF tables as a starting point since I'm using the sensor out of a camaro. I can live with the codes (as they don't set the dash candy all ablaze), it just bugs me that the errors are in the screen on $EEHack every time I plug it in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e   after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after T56 swap, still getting trouble codes related to 4l60e
Page 1 of 1