GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yeehaw! Windows all work!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleeperwagon

Yeehaw! Windows all work! Empty
PostSubject: Yeehaw! Windows all work!   Yeehaw! Windows all work! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 9:30 pm

It's almost embarrassing to admit, but for the first time in the decade I've had the Sleeperwagon, today is the first time that all 4 power windows were fully functional at the same time. Between busted sliders, fussy regulators, bad switches, and brittle wiring, at least ONE window has always not worked. Well, today my 10yr old and I pulled the back doors apart and replaced the last of the broken sliders, and fixed the wiring on the driver side switch. It's fun when a kid's eyes light up because he finally knows how something works that he never understood before. And believe it or not, he has a pretty good understanding of electrical circuits from, (get this) PLAYING MINECRAFT. :O who woulda thunk?
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Yeehaw! Windows all work!   Yeehaw! Windows all work! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 8:21 am

great stuff right there!
Cool
Back to top Go down
coolwind57

PostSubject: Re: Yeehaw! Windows all work!   Yeehaw! Windows all work! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 10:04 am

Good stuff. Funny...I just performed my first sliders replacement last night on one of my rear doors. Was making a popping noise. Front slider was shot.

Plan is to go ahead and do the other rear door. Should take A LOT less time now that I'd lost my innocence. They're not rowing down at the same distance, so I wonder if the sliders have something to do with it.

Weird that they apparently made those rear windows to row down only to a certain level. I don't get that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hushharborband.com
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Yeehaw! Windows all work!   Yeehaw! Windows all work! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 10:22 am

Minecraft truly is the 21st century Legos.

To get your rear windows to roll down all the way, take a sawzall and cut an access slot in the rear of the door. That should give the window enough room to roll down farther. sometimes you need to cut into the body behind the door and then go to a 13" wheel to completely allow enough room for the window. But that depends on how well the body is aligned with the frame. There was a decent amount of tolerance on body to frame alignment on these cars at the factory so your stock wheels might still fit.

Sleeperwagon likes this post

Back to top Go down
coolwind57

PostSubject: Re: Yeehaw! Windows all work!   Yeehaw! Windows all work! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 12:52 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:

To get your rear windows to roll down all the way, take a sawzall and cut an access slot in the rear of the door. That should give the window enough room to roll down farther. sometimes you need to cut into the body behind the door and then go to a 13" wheel to completely allow enough room for the window. But that depends on how well the body is aligned with the frame. There was a decent amount of tolerance on body to frame alignment on these cars at the factory so your stock wheels might still fit.

Ha. I can appreciate your sarcasm. I'm a sarcasm warrior from way back.

But I do still wonder if the rear window not being able to row down all the way was an afterthought from the body designers. It seems that looks over function maybe ruled out. Perhaps a stationary filler glass 1/4 panel at the aft end just wouldn't look right. Anywho, it is what it is, regardless of my not getting it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hushharborband.com
Sleeperwagon

PostSubject: Re: Yeehaw! Windows all work!   Yeehaw! Windows all work! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 2:19 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:

I don't want to go to a 13" wheel as I like the wheels that are on the car. Can I just cut a notch in the wheel and tire to fit? I'm thinking I should clearance the quarter panel as well, otherwise I can't open the door unless I roll the window up...  /s

Last edited by Sleeperwagon on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too busy laughing to spell check)
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Yeehaw! Windows all work!   Yeehaw! Windows all work! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Take a long hard look at the door, then look at the window, then look at the body of the car. Repeat this pattern a few times and the reason the glass will NEVER be able roll all the way down will be become very obvious. Plus the parts are not built to do it either.

A member at ISSF has adapted the rear window glass from a Roadmaster Sedan into the rear door of his wagon. While I can appreciate the work involved it is UGLY. The bar between the two pieces of glass looks completely out of place with the C Pillar so close to it.

Funny how so many people are bothered by that window. Would it be cool if it went all the way down? Sure but It doesn't and I don't sit back there anyways so I don't stress over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeehaw! Windows all work!   Yeehaw! Windows all work! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeehaw! Windows all work!
Page 1 of 1