GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help Needed Roadmaster Temps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joshdgray

Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Empty
PostSubject: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 5:56 pm

First of all I would like to thank you guys, the information I have found here has been invaluable. Now on to my current situation. I have a 95 RMW 265k miles with the tow package. I have owned the car since October and have had no issues other than general wear and tear and have recently done a tune up with the time I have found do the quarantine in my area, which involves the replacement of Optispark, Water pump, plugs, wires ECM, coil, radiator hoses and belts. Since the tune up the cars temp gauge goes into the red after no more than ten (10) minutes of idle or about a half mile of driving. "Hot" light comes on and when I pop hood there is a startling amount of burping and gurgling under the hood while fluid is coming out of my coolant tank. Also the heater never blows hot now. Also Have searched for days but can't seem to find what the temp numbers in the climate control should be for MY car. Have found many others but no one seems to have the same problem. Thanks again and SAVE THE WHALES
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Did you follow the air bleeding procedure while refilling with coolant? it entails using a small bleed line from the thermostat area to higher than the water level.

These things are very prone to air locking if not well purged of air.

I think the procedure is in the factory service manual, and I would expect somebody hear has a copy.
Back to top Go down
joshdgray

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 7:37 pm

I have bled it multiple times (I believe correctly) I have read several different ways to do so. Tried them all and it will purge air (or possibly steam) for several minutes up to ten minutes at times after coolant starts coming out of bleed valve I close it up and top it off only to have the same thing happen again and again. It seems like way too much air but this is my first experience with the closed style of cooling system.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 8:02 pm

If it were mine:
- new AC Delco 180F thermostat
- new AC Declo rad (tank) cap
- re-bleed, but with the nose of the car up in the air on ramps/stands
Back to top Go down
joshdgray

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 8:33 pm

So it sounds like you both think there could still be air in the system? Will pick up new parts since those are the only ones I haven't replaced anyways. Since I don't have a FSM what is the CORRECT procedure for bleeding the system. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
joshdgray

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 5:29 pm

Once again I must start off by saying THANK YOU for taking the time to reply. I thought I would update as my Roadie is now running. I did in fact flush the system and replace the cap and thermostat (again). As sheepish as I feel I must admit the root of the problem was simply human error. In my haste to get it running at 2am the morning I installed the water pump I FORGOT to move the coupler from my old pump to my new one. If y'all ever get to East Tennessee or North Georgia let me know and I'll buy you something cold to drink. Thank you again and SAVE THE WHALES 🐋.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Yep, that'll do it.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm

I was about to say - sounds like the water pump wasn't pumping.

Sending you a PM. I drive through Chattanooga fairly regularly.

joshdgray likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Roadmaster Temps   Help Needed Roadmaster Temps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Needed Roadmaster Temps
Page 1 of 1