GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
twiztid

Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman) Empty
PostSubject: Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman)   Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 10:37 am

I recently bought my first wagon, a 96 Roadmaster. At some point, there was a problem with the woodgrain on the tailgate, and the 96 year old man that owned it tried to fix it by putting multiple layers of new vinyl over it. It's now peeling back and looks awful, so I know that I have to re-vinyl the rear gate at a minimum.

Now that I'm shopping, I quickly came across stripeman and saw people here saying good things about that kit. However, I also came across a different seller on eBay that sells woodgrain that does not match the factory, but is only $365 shipped for a whole car's worth of vinyl. Does anyone have any experience with or opinion of the option below?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/94-95-96-Caprice-Buick-Road-master-Wagon-Woodgrain-Decal-Kit/264194002126?hash=item3d83308cce:g:ZIMAAOSw8yxcY1x7

As it sits right now, I can fix the tailgate with stripeman for $120, re-vinyl the whole car for $900, or re-vinyl the whole car with this other option for $365.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman)   Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 8:54 pm

Get a test piece (gate) and see how it works.

twiztid likes this post

Back to top Go down
twiztid

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman)   Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 8:56 pm

I suppose I should point out that this cheaper option is not even close to the stock color, so I'd have to do the whole car if I did any of it.
Back to top Go down
twiztid

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman)   Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 1:59 pm

I ordered the stripeman for the rear hatch only. Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman)   Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 8:47 pm

the Stripeman stuff is good and their customer service is great too!

when my wife redid her car last year they were very helpful with questions she had. She was able to do the tailgate in one piece without cutting the license plate area.

twiztid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman)   Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay Woodgrain (non-stripeman)
Page 1 of 1