GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterf

Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados Empty
PostSubject: Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados   Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2020 11:02 am

Andebe, rcktpwrd and HendersonRacing514 like this post

Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados   Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
68JCode

PostSubject: Caprice vs. Roadmaster values   Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 11:04 am

I have seen these Hagerty recommendations identifying Roadmaster wagons as 'future classics' / collectibles / good classic car to buy lists for a couple of years now. What I don't get is why they don't list the '94-'96 Caprice on these lists. I know the Buicks have more creature comforts which probably make them feel slightly more modern (Heated leather seats with lumbar adjust is the big one that comes to mind), but the basic form of 8 passenger station wagon with retro looking woodgrain paneling is the same for both.

I guess the Buicks have more brightwork which probably aligns a little better with the retro / nostalgia feel. And of course the vista roof, which might be more trouble than it is worth, but probably pushes retro buttons and modern buttons at the same time.

Just a pet peeve Smile.

Thanks,

Andrew
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados   Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 pm

^^^^

I feel that same way but it's mainly because I don't care for the Buick wagons. I do not like that vista glass at all.

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados   Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 8:46 pm

It's the mint condition ones that are going to be worth money, not the hacked up junkbuckets 90% of them are.

I actually had an ultra mint limited '95 for about a year. I sold it because I got tired of being paranoid. The only reason I bought another RMW is because this one is already high miles and not perfect, so I don't mind if it gets a ding or 5 while I drive it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados   Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buy recommendation for wagon afficionados
Page 1 of 1